• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The stupidity never ceases to amaze me

rutmanchoo

Reaction score
I was walking out of Costco after the game and an older man, probably 65 or so, sees my Wake sweatshirt and comments how are team didn't do so well. I agreed and talked about what Wellman/Buzz have done is borderline criminal. He looked a bit taken back and mentioned that Carolina played their best game of the year. I told him most teams play their best against a team that has given up. He then partially agreed and said, " Well, I think he had to come in to clean things up." I am dumbfounded that people have bought into this bullshit. I just got in my car and felt like hitting somebody.

Not thread worthy

But wellstein had to cover up some thing

LOVE OF CAWK

It is thread worthy! When you have an AD who lies to Alumni and wastes millions of dollars and convinces half of the deacon nation that this is the right way to do things you destroy your programs and your school.

The fact the BOT and Hatch and whoever else is in charge has allowed Wellman to work another day is total bullshit. Anyone with an IQ above 5 could see that Bzz was going to have this exact season. The man has never changed. He should have been fired after season 2, but I don't blame him. Again, it doesn't take 8 million dollars to clean up a program. Wellman should be shown the door. He should have to eat the shit sandwich he has been trying to make Deacon nation eat the last 4 years.

Playing against a school that has recently undergone massive, systemic academic fraud in the athletic department, and yet we are the ones that needed to "clean up" our program. Awesome.

Playing against a school that has recently undergone massive, systemic academic fraud in the athletic department, and yet we are the ones that needed to "clean up" our program. Awesome.

And how has the "clean up" program been going?

Even if some sort of massive "clean up" was necessary, it doesn't excuse how god awful we are in Year 4. We're going to have to "rebuild" again--but we have few scholarships to do so in the next few years. Depressing.

They had a hundred chances to part ways w/ Ty Walker.... They could have opted not to beg JTT & Tabb to still come to Wake post firing. Boom all cleaned up. Surely they didn't have to hire a lifetime loser to recruit kids where the majority ended up transferring & leaving the program's scholarship balance to 75% occupied by one class. This unbalance is now the new "cleanup" job.

i hope when i get older i won't get dumber, but i probably will........

They had a hundred chances to part ways w/ Ty Walker.... They could have opted not to beg JTT & Tabb to still come to Wake post firing. Boom all cleaned up. Surely they didn't have to hire a lifetime loser to recruit kids where the majority ended up transferring & leaving the program's scholarship balance to 75% occupied by one class. This unbalance is now the new "cleanup" job.

Just be glad Ty Walker didn't redshirt like we asked him to. He was part of the vaunted A T & T class, second best in Wake Forest history according to some on these boards right behind Big E, JGray, Strickland & Ellis. Me, I still like Chilldress, R Rogers, Owens & Blucas, then I can go with Johnstone, A Rogers, Helms & Morgan

Hard to argue with any class that includes Childress and RR.

However I would put Dawson, Hicks, Murray, Scott and Songalia #2. All five were top 100 recruits and ended up being legit ACC players.

There's a guy at church who keeps saying Bz came in to clean up the program. I often just say "well, he did, now we get to start from scratch." Why do these people think you have to suck in order to "clean up"?

There's a guy at church who keeps saying Bz came in to clean up the program. I often just say "well, he did, now we get to start from scratch." Why do these people think you have to suck in order to "clean up"?

Church?

So many gullible fans. That's been the worst part of this. We can get rid of a coach. We can even get rid of an AD. We can't get rid of fans who tolerate losing because they believe ridiculous AD spin.

So many gullible fans. That's been the worst part of this. We can get rid of a coach. We can even get rid of an AD. We can't get rid of fans who tolerate losing because they believe ridiculous AD spin.

You got that right PH, spin. I haven't heard a word from Wellman in a month.

speaking of stupidity...

J.P. Mundy @JP_Mundy
There’s an ‘I’ in ‘Quit’- and also ‘[Redacted]’

James Blackburn @jamesjunior21
@JP_Mundy I have to respectively disagree- I think it would be foolish for Wake to get rid of [Redacted]- he knows the game and knows it well

According to his Twatter profile, Mr. Blackburn is Director of Scouting for Basketball Elite. How can somebody like that not recognize that Buzz needs to go?

Back