• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The stupidity never ceases to amaze me

What's with this "we"? You didn't even go to Wake Forest, Charlie. Pardon me if I don't really give a damn what you think about this. It's not your diploma that is being besmirched by the scandals in the athletic department as a result of some of the bums recruited by Dino.

LOLZ I glad you finally figured out that Brasky was Cesprink. Took you several years and a few unreturned PMs.

And thanks again for the job opportunity back in the day. However I just couldn't see myself being a hack who profited from the fear of someone's love ones dying. Keep going strong you extortionist.

It is remarkable to me that you could work in that industry and still pretend to be a benevolent liberal.

That's a stupid damned question that doesn't even deserve an answer.

Translation: "I can't answer the question because it will contradict my previous contention. Therefore I will deflect by calling the question stupid and undeserving of an answer."

Then why do I see Paul, Teague, Johnson, and Aminu occasionally mentioned on the Wake sports official site. Shouldn't we be distancing ourselves from those players?

LOL. No, the reason why the question was stupid and deserved no answer was that no other coach in WF history has brought in 7 or 8 players in such a short period of time who got into so much trouble off the court.....and anyone with any knowledge of WF history in that regard would know that and, therefore, would have not asked such a dumb question.

Um only two of them got into trouble off the court and that was well after Dino was gone. And it wasn't even that serious.

LOL. No, the reason why the question was stupid and deserved no answer was that no other coach in WF history has brought in 7 or 8 players in such a short period of time who got into so much trouble off the court.....and anyone with any knowledge of WF history in that regard would know that and, therefore, would have not asked such a dumb question.

What trouble? What players? Did one of them attack a teammate with a knife?

From your encyclopedic knowledge of the transgressions of Wake Forest bball players, please provide me with examples. Please help alleviate my stupidity.

How could Dino be fired for things that happened after he was fired?

Cornelius Birgs murdered a dude. Is that on Grobe?

My senior year of HS I shadowed the football trainers for my senior anatomy project and everyone of them told me to avoid him because he was a nutcase.

Grobe's actions definitely enabled that psychopath.

You realize that [Redacted] re-recruited Dino's classes of 2010 and 2011, right?

Buzz brought Travis McKie, Melvin Tabb, JT Terrell, Carson Desrosiers, and Tony Chennault to Wake.

Buzz kept Ty Walker despite his complicity in Tabb's crime, his academic troubles, and his attitude problems.

Buzz did not kick Tony Woods off of the team despite charges of misdemeanor assault; Tony left on his own after being invited back to the team.

Buzz did not kick Ari off of the team; Ari was suspended and transferred.

The allegations against Gary Clark were false.

Your turn.

He also named Gary Clark captain.

He also has a team that's currently on a three-game technical/flagrant foul streak iirc.

He's also had a legion of "good kids" transfer out of the program.

Bob owning Brasky while getting owned is a nice treat.

Mike Helms goes to prison for cocaine dealing and Dino's players were an embarrassment? Please.

James Blackburn ‏@jamesjunior21 1h
@JP_Mundy we will agree to disagree- Wake has to stop listening to its donors

When has Wake listened to its donors regarding [Redacted] in the last four years?

Although, I agree with his comment if the "donors" he references are Braces and that overalls character. In that case, Wake should absolutely stop listening to them.

Last edited:
Bob owning Brasky while getting owned is a nice treat.

He honestly does make a good point. I should probably just stop caring. Pretty much all of my childhood friends who grew up huge Wake fans have. Maybe I should let Wake become Duke Lite and stop giving a fuck. That's definitely the message coming from the institution. Just go ahead and put the wall up on Polo and get it over with. Hopefully your your alumni who remain in the area will actually show up for things.

You evidently responded to a post that you did not read.

You mention 7 or 8 players that Dino brought in who were, for lack of a better term, "bad apples" I want to know which players and what they did to bring shame to Wake Forest. I want to know how their alleged transgressions were so much worse than the transgressions of many other players over the history of Wake Forest basketball. YOU are the one making this an issue. Vague comments with any lacking of supporting details is not sufficient to explain your vitriol.

All that stuff is public record and has been discussed ad infinitum on these boards. If you want a detailed account of it, go to a public library and read the newspaper archives.

Ad infinitum has never bothered you before...

I'll start though. James Johnson and Jeff Teague were guilty of being insanely good basketball players and choosing to profit from it.

Oops. AFA too.

Last edited:
If you want a detailed account of it, go to a public library and read the newspaper archives.

And don't forget to drop off your bill at the telephone service provider's office while you're out.

All that stuff is public record and has been discussed ad infinitum on these boards. If you want a detailed account of it, go to a public library and read the newspaper archives.

Then how about giving us the reason why it is so much worse now than it was before? Why did we have to give up on bball to correct problems that have always been there and will always be there if WF is to compete at the highest levels?

Last edited:
Bob, should Skip have recruited Jeff Teague?

which makes your ignorance of it all the more inexcusable. Only two Dino recruits had off the court issues. One stole some laptops and one had a drinking problem. Neither of those are that serious and they each happened long after Dino was fired.

Back