• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"The Tournament: A History of ACC Men’s Basketball" Premieres Feb. 7 on ACC Network

Just did a plug for it during UVA/BC game now….which Randolph is doing tv for. He mentioned how much he was looking forward to it and wished he could get a sneak peek. Other guy doing Tv said I see episode 8 features Tim Duncan and Rodney Rogers…”no mention of you”. Then something like “ever heard of those guys?” Got a good laugh…..

Just did a plug for it during UVA/BC game now….which Randolph is doing tv for. He mentioned how much he was looking forward to it and wished he could get a sneak peek. Other guy doing Tv said I see episode 8 features Tim Duncan and Rodney Rogers…”no mention of you”. Then something like “ever heard of those guys?” Got a good laugh…..

Randolph was heavily featured in the promo that I saw last week.

Tickets to the tourney used to be like the holy grail! The Deacon Club used to have the lifetime giving model for points and I gave them as much money as I could for years, knowing that someday I might rise in the ranks enough to get tourney tickets. When they changed the model to be based on your yearly giving level, that went right out the window - plus tickets became easy to get - so the DC has gotten much less money from me than they would have under the old model...

Premieres tonight at 9 pm on ACCN.

Hoos take it thought I was posting on the other thread. haha oh well fuck duke

Last edited:
It's 10 episodes.

Someone should calculate how much time they spend talking about Duke/UNC versus everyone else. I realize it is appropriate for them to get the majority of coverage, given their dominance in titles - but it is going to be hard to take, as a Wake fan.

This is what the fast forward feature is for.

Documentary is great so far. Did feel like they kind passed over the back to back titles a little quick, compared to some of the other title teams. But oh well. Duke did go on a run after that.

Documentary is great so far. Did feel like they kind passed over the back to back titles a little quick, compared to some of the other title teams. But oh well. Duke did go on a run after that.

10 hours to cover 68 year for 8-15 teams so there has to be lots of skimming. Historically balanced so far in my 60 yr history of “Sail with the Pilot”

Texas about to get revenge for Kansas beating their football team.

Yeah didn't mean to complain too much. I'm a wake fan, so obviously want to hear/see more about those teams in the 60's. Since those were our most accomplished in our history. But I'll just go get my history of wake forest basketball coffee table book and read about those years again.

As I said, the documentary is awesome so far, if you're a fan of acc bball.

Back