• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead SEASON FIVE THREAD! Good news: Show's back Bad news: So is Hardwick

sepinwall pointed out that no "main" character (people that started out at the quarry) has died since andrea at the end of season three. he also said, and i agree with, killing glenn gets the tension back into the show (and makes some fans upset but they'll accept it). however, teasing his death and saving him with something so silly will kill all the tension because everyone will think no main character can ever die. it would have been better if they did not even tease it at all.

sepinwall pointed out that no "main" character (people that started out at the quarry) has died since andrea at the end of season three. he also said, and i agree with, killing glenn gets the tension back into the show (and makes some fans upset but they'll accept it). however, teasing his death and saving him with something so silly will kill all the tension because everyone will think no main character can ever die. it would have been better if they did not even tease it at all.

Yeah, I think a teaser death there is silly and weak, but that's probably what it was. Otherwise, it would have been the most pointless death of any major character in the show. Glenn's death there would accomplish nothing but shock value and a sense of "we can kill anyone, anytime" which doesn't really fit the pattern of the show. But given the situation that he's in right now, I don't see how he can credibly be saved (especially when he's already had one improbable off screen escape).

they are going to keep Glenn alive and it is going to be so lame

"lol jk jk that was all an hallucination they are still on top of the dumpster"

or

"lol that other dude's blood and guts got all over glenn and he could hide his scent and the zombies thought he was one of their own so glenn is fine now lol"

LAME.

that guy had "alive scent" on him. could not have hidden him enough to not be accidentally eaten. agree it's lame.

this season had been pretty solid other than the great big "rick's plan was completely dumb" thing. then they (potentially) go and do something like this... and totally don't redeem themselves.

Figured Glenn's death was coming because of the source material, but if this death sticks (which would be a divergence from the books), all of you "Darryl lives or we riot" people better get your pitchforks ready...

I had put Glenn's mortality rate at 95% for this season, but the "how" was surprising. Well, different at least. I don't see any chance of the ol' switcheroo, he dead. Believe it or not, his manner of death is actually less gruesome than in the comics.

I'll spare the money shot, but he died right after this panel

screen%20shot%202015-10-25%20at%2010.19.21%20pm.png

Which is very similar to a scene with the cannibal clan that made me believe Glenn's time was up then.

Glenn was on set filming scenes with a character that hasn't even been introduced yet a few weeks ago.

I can see where it is the other guys body they are eating and then Glenn manages to slip under the dumpster just as something starts to distract the dead to lead them out of the alley. Hard to imagine they let him die but then again it could have something to do with trusting one of the townspeople who Rick has said "aren't ready" to deal with the outside. Kind of like see, you should have listened.

never understood exactly what they were trying to accomplish with the zombie move. at first i assumed they wanted to move them to a kill spot. then it seemed like they wanted to move them "away." so they wanted to move them away and potentially have some/all of them come back some day? send them to another location to terrorize other potential humans? why not build flame homemade throwers and burn them up in the quarry? cover them in gasoline from all those cars moved to line up the walkway?

Exactly what I was thinking. They'd burn up nice and quick. May attract a few, but not as many who would burn up in there. That quarry was begging for molotov cocktails.

If Glen isn't dead, this series will have jumped the shark. You don't go with the emotional music and the overhead pan out showing nothing but zombies if he's alive. He's likely dead, and I don't care since his character never did anything for me except score the hottest chick on the show. Now I can move in and bang her, but I better do it in the next week before I get hitched.

Back