• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead SEASON FIVE THREAD! Good news: Show's back Bad news: So is Hardwick

Go

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
Reaction score
h/t to 94:

Info on new season:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/25/showbiz/tv/walking-dead-preview

Nicotero confirmed that a new threat will present itself to the humans this season, and it's something that cannot be killed. That threat will be apparent by the end of the season premiere and will launch a narrative arc that he said will keep the jeopardy level high for all the episode.

Last edited:
Andrea's post-death body has been infected with a mutated virus- cutting off the head doesn't work anymore. So she wanders around headless and annoying everyone.

Andrea's post-death body has been infected with a mutated virus- cutting off the head doesn't work anymore. So she wanders around headless and annoying everyone.

HAHAHA, my roommate said the virus would mutate. I wonder if it goes airborne and makes people cannibals?

It's going to suck for that group when the old people die in their sleep and just start eating everyone in the prison.

One thing that would be cool is to find a human or two who is immune to the virus.

I love the shot of the Sweetwater IPA boxes in the trailer.

It's going to suck for that group when the old people die in their sleep and just start eating everyone in the prison.

I think that's the greatest argument for staying in a prison. You sleep in a cell and that's an extra line of defense.

They got Dangelo And Cutty? What's next? Omar's Coming!

The need to do a Walking Dead/The Wire hybrid show.

Damn. That trailer is... damn. I love how they're having to accelerate the timeline since the kids are going through puberty. Carl's now shaving and getting ready to knock up one of Hershel's grandaughters.

Are you ready for a spinoff about the exact same thing?!?! IF SO, GETCHA POPCORN READY!

AMC have announced they are in the initial stages of development on what they're calling a "companion" series to The Walking Dead. Walking Dead's Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert are executive producing with the series, aimed to debut in 2015. While The Walking Dead has taken Kirkman's comic book as its inspiration, using most of the same characters (albeit often then veering in its own directions), the new series will be about a different group of survivors. It remains to be seen if we'll meet any of the new characters first on The Walking Dead or if the show will take place in such an entirely different area of the world, that wouldn't be possible.

“Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18-49 is literally a no-brainer,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president and general manager. “We look forward to working with Robert, Gale and Dave again as we develop an entirely new story and cast of characters. It’s a big world and we can’t wait to give fans another unforgettable view of the zombie apocalypse.”
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/16/the-walking-dead-amc-announces-new-companion-spinoff-series

I really hate some of the dialogue and random shit these people say.

Kind of a meh first episode in terms of drama, but it seems like the new showrunner is tackling a lot of logistical questions that clearly needed to be tackled in prior seasons.

And what caused the zombies to fall through the ceiling at that store? What the fuck was that all about?

Back