• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead SEASON FIVE THREAD! Good news: Show's back Bad news: So is Hardwick

Because decomposing bodies tend to be riddled with bacteria and that leads to infection which kills you.

But infection with the zombie 'virus', not run of the mill bacteria. Andrea got bit by a fresh walker and was 'burning up' when they found her.

(I'm just being a fanboy and nitpicking, I don't actually care about the bio/immuno-logistics of the show that much)

The pig in the pen biting it had to be an indicator, although i'm sure someone already mentioned it.

and that's why we read the thread before posting in it. sorry for the haas.

But infection with the zombie 'virus', not run of the mill bacteria. Andrea got bit by a fresh walker and was 'burning up' when they found her.

(I'm just being a fanboy and nitpicking, I don't actually care about the bio/immuno-logistics of the show that much)

Everyone has that virus. It's just dormant until you die.

Because decomposing bodies tend to be riddled with bacteria and that leads to infection which kills you.

But it happens so quickly....I'm not disagreeing that that could kill you, but they make it like the bite will kill you within minutes.

But it happens so quickly....I'm not disagreeing that that could kill you, but they make it like the bite will kill you within minutes.

It doesn't always. There are other factors at play: heart attack, blood loss, etc. Lots of ways to die from a bite.

I know they're all infected and anyone that dies, turns....but is your argument that there's nothing special in the zombie bite, it's just the fact that you die that causes you to turn?

I know they're all infected and anyone that dies, turns....but is your argument that there's nothing special in the zombie bite, it's just the fact that you die that causes you to turn?

What do you mean "nothing special"? They are full of bacteria. There would be few things on earth to cause as severe and infection. In the first season, there was a survivor that hung on for a while after a bite. Different people react differently. Several references to people turning slowly.

"Nothing special" as in something specific to the already turned zombies. Meaning is there a zombie virus that accelerates or kills the bit human, or would that person have died regardless of who bit them?

It's a weird question and maybe it doesn't make sense, but I'm trying to separate the actual bite itself and some special "bug" that the zombies transfer through biting/scratching humans.

"Nothing special" as in something specific to the already turned zombies. Meaning is there a zombie virus that accelerates or kills the bit human, or would that person have died regardless of who bit them?

It's a weird question and maybe it doesn't make sense, but I'm trying to separate the actual bite itself and some special "bug" that the zombies transfer through biting/scratching humans.

There is no magic zombie dust in their bites. Just nasty ass bacteria.

Everyone has that virus. It's just dormant until you die.

What do you mean "nothing special"? They are full of bacteria. There would be few things on earth to cause as severe and infection. In the first season, there was a survivor that hung on for a while after a bite. Different people react differently. Several references to people turning slowly.

I like this explanation, but it is still inconsistent with Andrea's death (one bite from a new zombie and developed the fever within a couple hours) and the fact that people who died prior to season 2 didn't turn unless they had been bitten (but 100% of those who got bit turned). The virus may have mutated to allow it to remain dormant and may even be airborne since everyone is infected, but originally it would've had to have been linked to bites somehow.

Actually I think vaccinating our children is to blame for the initial outbreak.

I like this explanation, but it is still inconsistent with Andrea's death (one bite from a new zombie and developed the fever within a couple hours) and the fact that people who died prior to season 2 didn't turn unless they had been bitten (but 100% of those who got bit turned). The virus may have mutated to allow it to remain dormant and may even be airborne since everyone is infected, but originally it would've had to have been linked to bites somehow.

Actually I think vaccinating our children is to blame for the initial outbreak.

Who died and didn't turn prior to season 2?

Who died and didn't turn prior to season 2?

Everyone was taken by surprise when it began happening suddenly. Not just the camp on the farm, but Andrea and Michonne when they witness the Woodbury people shooting the heads of the crashed helicopter crew. Andrea confronted Merle about it, saying the crew hadn't been bitten, and he replied with "Doesn't matter anymore." or something close to that.

Everyone was taken by surprise when it began happening suddenly. Not just the camp on the farm, but Andrea and Michonne when they witness the Woodbury people shooting the heads of the crashed helicopter crew. Andrea confronted Merle about it, saying the crew hadn't been bitten, and he replied with "Doesn't matter anymore." or something close to that.

Things finally settle down enough to notice. The scientist told Rick in Season 1. The governor had been experimenting all along to figure it out.

Is there something to the bleeding from the eyes that we saw from that one zombie on the fence and from dead dork kid in the shower? Don't remember seeing that from any others.

You guys are reading way too much into inconsequential details of a poorly run show. The gospel is the scientist in the bunker. Go with that.

Btw...Charlotte the pig was screwed over.

Isn't Hersh a Vet?!! Why in the hell wasn't he helping her? What a bastard

Back