• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead SEASON FIVE THREAD! Good news: Show's back Bad news: So is Hardwick

That kid is going to eat some random person at the beginning of the next episode. What a horrible way that would be to be woken up from sleeping. Some guy that is really into Harry Potter gnawing on your throat.

yeah, i thought it was not very good. it's been what, 3-5 years at the most? why did they roof get into such bad shape in such a short time...it wasn't that old of a building.

I imagine the structural integrity of the roof was compromised by the helicopter crash.

I'm glad that kid got got in the store. Hershel's other daughter is for Carl.

That kid is going to eat some random person at the beginning of the next episode. What a horrible way that would be to be woken up from sleeping. Some guy that is really into Harry Potter gnawing on your throat.

That is part of the appeal of the prison, you can have everyone sleep in their cells. The possibility of dying in your sleep and waking up as a zombie is always there.

That is part of the appeal of the prison, you can have everyone sleep in their cells. The possibility of dying in your sleep and waking up as a zombie is always there.

hell, i would still be locking that bitch down. security...got to remember to use it!

The Walking Dead SEASON FOUR THREAD! Byyyyters

They all already have whatever it is that turns people into zombies. So airborne zombie virus doesn't make perfect sense. Seems like it may just be general disease that humans all of a sudden are unable to fight since public health is gone.

Bigger question to me is where did the Gov disappear to? You know he's coming back.

I think the new threat is that animals are now infected. Didn't Harry Potter thank Daryl for bringing back a deer to eat in the beginning of the episode? I bet he got sick from that.

yeah, i thought it was not very good. it's been what, 3-5 years at the most? why did they roof get into such bad shape in such a short time...it wasn't that old of a building.

I imagine the structural integrity of the roof was compromised by the helicopter crash.

Even if that was the case, how did the dozen or more zombies randomly grazing on the roof just happen to miss every weak spot in the roof until a noise came from inside?...and then they all start falling through.

A little much.

Should have had the helicopter fall through after the initial shelf collapse, and then the zombies falling through that hole.

I think the new threat is that animals are now infected. Didn't Harry Potter thank Daryl for bringing back a deer to eat in the beginning of the episode? I bet he got sick from that.

Very good point...but is that a change from what we've seen?

Didn't they initially start only eating animals that they killed themselves? i.e. no bites/scratches, etc.

If the animals get the "virus" that all of the people get which makes them turn when they die, then why is it just now causing people to turn?

Not really sure of that whole deal or the logistics of it, but we all knew when they first got to the prison that if any walker got in during the night or if anyone turned in their sleep (particularly Herschel) that they'd all be as good as dead....looks like they are following through with an obvious threat early on in this season.

But the helicopter didn't come through the roof! The 2 ton (I'm guessing) helicopter didn't cause the roof to give in, but the 150-200 lb walkers did. FANTASTIC.

As for the girl... They showed her sleeping right before they showed that Harry Potter kid as turned. I'm not sure she is going to make it much longer now that she isn't scared of the world around her...

Last edited:

Yeah, that is what the wife thinks.

Very good point...but is that a change from what we've seen?

Didn't they initially start only eating animals that they killed themselves? i.e. no bites/scratches, etc.

If the animals get the "virus" that all of the people get which makes them turn when they die, then why is it just now causing people to turn?

Well, we haven't seen a single infected (zombie-fied) animal yet, and we know that birds at least must have been picking pieces off infected corpses.

As far as logistics are concerned, I'm wondering why nobody seems concerned about blood splattering into their eyes or mouth. Or why Hershel isn't a zombie despite the axe used to cut off his leg was never sterilized and was covered in zombie guts. But I guess I can overlook that one.

Hershel should worry about how a zombie was just lying still and still got him. Fucking idiot.

Well, we haven't seen a single infected (zombie-fied) animal yet, and we know that birds at least must have been picking pieces off infected corpses.

As far as logistics are concerned, I'm wondering why nobody seems concerned about blood splattering into their eyes or mouth. Or why Hershel isn't a zombie despite the axe used to cut off his leg was never sterilized and was covered in zombie guts. But I guess I can overlook that one.

Because everyone is infected already. What turns them isn't zombie blood getting into their eyes. What turns them is being half eaten, dying, and then coming back to life as a zombie.

It doesn't have to be a zombie virus.

It can be something as simple as a disease like Cholera or Influenza. Imagine an outbreak of a hard to treat disease in a post apocalyptic world. We don't have the medicines and technology to fight it plus when people die they come back and try to eat you.

Something as simple as the measles could do serious damage (if people weren't inoculated or immunized).

i would think that more than just that kid ate the deer. so, i don't think it is that...not yet at least.

the symptoms the kid had would make you think that it was airborne, but what if he fell and cracked his head in the fall. maybe that alone killed him.

not sure...

Remember the boar in the woods was also sick and dying.

Because everyone is infected already. What turns them isn't zombie blood getting into their eyes. What turns them is being half eaten, dying, and then coming back to life as a zombie.

Or a single bite.

Yea if it's not the blood/saliva/etc from the zombie that kills you then why is a single bite so deadly?

Unless you chop off your leg after it gets bitten.

Yea if it's not the blood/saliva/etc from the zombie that kills you then why is a single bite so deadly?

Unless you chop off your leg after it gets bitten.

Because decomposing bodies tend to be riddled with bacteria and that leads to infection which kills you.

Back