• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Things to do in and around South Beach?

Don’t let the boards dissuade you from South Beach.

Stayed at the Fontainebleau with a wife a few years ago and we had a great time. She booked us for a “low key” getaway over Labor Day. Little did she know she booked the craziest hotel on the busiest weeekend. We’re not club people at all but had an amazing time people watching and finding some nice restaurants off the beach. There are some real finds in the Art Deco area. Not that I could tell you the names of any. I’m sure the W would have a great spa if you all are into that sort of thing.

I’m not familiar with the W, but be aware that many S Beach hotels have “day clubs” at their pools. Essentials all day night clubs at the pool. They will also typically have a “family pool”. I’d recommend finding an area there as the music will be less intense.

Enjoy it for the experience that it is if you haven’t been. Every where in Florida is hot in June but you will have plenty of breeze and you will see more ass cheeks than you’ve probably ever seen in your life in one place.

How do y'all feel about the Breakers in Palm Beach?

Great place for privileged whites. Built on the backs of prisoners and debt slaves like most of eastern Florida. So if your adverse to supporting a corporation that made its bones on peonage and slavery you should be aware of that. Of course that’s almost every place in the country…so there’s that

Don’t let the boards dissuade you from South Beach.

Stayed at the Fontainebleau with a wife a few years ago and we had a great time. She booked us for a “low key” getaway over Labor Day. Little did she know she booked the craziest hotel on the busiest weeekend. We’re not club people at all but had an amazing time people watching and finding some nice restaurants off the beach. There are some real finds in the Art Deco area. Not that I could tell you the names of any. I’m sure the W would have a great spa if you all are into that sort of thing.

I’m not familiar with the W, but be aware that many S Beach hotels have “day clubs” at their pools. Essentials all day night clubs at the pool. They will also typically have a “family pool”. I’d recommend finding an area there as the music will be less intense.

Enjoy it for the experience that it is if you haven’t been. Every where in Florida is hot in June but you will have plenty of breeze and you will see more ass cheeks than you’ve probably ever seen in your life in one place.
Yes, Scooter. Make sure you take Windy’s advice on anniversary trips, as he has roughly 17 different anniversaries a year to keep up with, so he has experience.

Update.... in case anyone cares.
We spent three nights/four days at the Breakers in Palm Beach. The resort is incredible - huge and gorgeous in every way. Service was impeccable. Several different restaurants on site and a few others off site that are associated with the resort. Every one we experienced was great! And all very expensive, but mostly worth it! There were also several really cool bars on site - beautiful decor, great service, high prices!

We had a great, relaxing time. Lots of pool time!

Our main activity was probably people watching. I could write a book on the various characters we observed. We definitely got a glimpse into how the 0.1% live...

Back