• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This Is The End

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I was really psyched to see this movie thinking it would be hilarious.

I was hoping it would have elements of Cheech & Chong, Scary Movien Airplane and either Zombieland or Simon Pegg.

It had a few good moments but was barely OK.

I don't want to say too much about as many here will probably go see it.

Yeah, this was by far the best comedy of the year so far (albeit with not much competition). Outright hilarious, I haven't laughed so hard in a while. And the meta-commentary on Hollywood angle is very well done.

One of the best comedies I've seen in a while. Would see again.

Funniest movie I've seen in a long time. The entire theater was laughing out loud throughout the movie.

Pretty good, not amazing though. Felt like they ran out of ideas towards the end.

Really funny, lagged through the middle but the last 5 minutes were pretty hilarious.

Be warned that it turns very sacreligious. Those portions made me uncomfortable and even offended in parts.

Not at all. Check my post history if you think I'm a troll. I was just unpleasantly surprised by aspects of the second half of movie and wanted to post fair warning to anyone else who might have the same reaction.

A comedy about the apocalypse is sacrilegious? I'm SHOCKED.

Last edited:
Be warned that it turns very sacreligious. Those portions made me uncomfortable and even offended in parts.

Good post. Also, to anyone who is planning to watch Pineapple Express, featuring many of the same actors: There are occasional references to marijuana which made me uncomfortable.

I haven't laughed that hard in the theater in a looong time.

All the cameos were great, and they did a very good job keeping it moving and not bogging down in any one scene/idea for too long.

Back