• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This Is The End

Saw it today. Thought it had some good laughs, but was a bit uneven. Definitely worth seeing if you're in the mood for a comedy.

The whole back and forth about jerking off in the house had me in stitches, though by the end it was mostly from watching Seth Rogen's reactions. You could tell he was laughing at times and trying not to laugh at other times, and they had to splice together about 10 different takes to make that scene. I'm not putting a spoiler alert in front of this paragraph because it's pretty much a safe bet that this movie is going to have some dialogue about masturbation.

Saw it today. Thought it had some good laughs, but was a bit uneven. Definitely worth seeing if you're in the mood for a comedy.

The whole back and forth about jerking off in the house had me in stitches, though by the end it was mostly from watching Seth Rogen's reactions. You could tell he was laughing at times and trying not to laugh at other times, and they had to splice together about 10 different takes to make that scene. I'm not putting a spoiler alert in front of this paragraph because it's pretty much a safe bet that this movie is going to have some dialogue about masturbation.

seriously.... i couldn't stop laughing at this bit, truly funny stuff

McBride killed it in that scene. I've never been a huge fan of his (struggled to get through Eastbound and Down, didn't truly enjoy Foot Fist Way), but he had me laughing pretty hard throughout this movie.

yeah i actually think mcbride stole the show in this one

"Just 1 today mr. Karl?"

Out yourself and receive thy pos rep.

yeah i actually think mcbride stole the show in this one

I agree with both of these. McBride was probably the best but I thought Michael Cera was unexpectedly awesome and nearly stole it too. Maybe it was because I was expecting more due to the cast (because I loved Superbad, Pineapple Express, Your Highness, etc) or it's the fact that I just don't like to see comedies in the theater, but I didn't find majority of the movie that funny. I believe when I watch it again then I'll probably think it will be funnier and enjoy it even more (I.E Tropic Thunder).

I didn't know there were such things as "key scenes in trailers"

Every once in a while trailer scenes are dropped from movies. It's kinda rare in that the scenes they use are tested.

Think back to trailers you've seen. I bet you remember certain parts of them. It's not by accident.

Hilarious.

Loved Cera & McBride, and the general offensiveness of the movie.

Finally got to see this and wasn't disappointed. That opening scene with Danny McBride after he wakes up and fixes breakfast -- OMG. I love that dude so much.

The scene with Craig Robinson trying to move the "big dick" had me rolling...and Michael Cera, as everyone has said, was awesome.

My gf was telling me that Michael Cera agreed to do whatever they wrote for him and that his one stipulation was that he had to wear that ridic windbreaker bc he insisted his character would do it. Hilarious.

I really enjoyed it...probably more than Man of Steel.

SPOILERS:
I know I'm in the minority, but I loved the last 20 or so minutes. I thought everything from Craig Robinson's sacrifice, to the McBride/Tatum/Franco cannibal scene, to the Whitney Houston song playing during Seth falling, to BSB's final cameo was very funny. Nothing tops the McBride/Franco cumming scene though. That will go down as an all-timer as far as modern comedy scenes.

Last edited:
Back