• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thoughts from the Class of '73 (Long)

I agree with both posts and I will add this to my post:

Bz might resign, or be encouraged to resign, but RW will never fire him or give the public a perception of Bz being fired.

RW might very well "retire" over this mess.

That's the only option left. It's clear that e-mails don't work. They're not embarrassed by what's happening on the court. They only option for fans is going to the press to make the case.

From Jim's comment from MY Take On Wake. "Let me know where you are setting up a bank account to buy billboard space and I’ll send a check."

The following quote is from Ken Nowell's comment from My Take On Wake. "I like the idea of the buildboard. I will happily contribute. We could have a couple of buildboards in Winston Salem with pictures of [Redacted] and words saying 'Make the pain go away' or 'When will the nightmare end?'"

Has anyone actually organized a billboard campaign? We have some very creative folks on here who could probably come up with some ideas that the powers that be would find sufficently "embarrassing".

More helpful would be a group of former basketball players having a meeting with Ron like the group of Football players did at Duke to get them to hire a better coach a few years ago.

I think this is a good idea. But they need to meet with President Hatch. I think RW is a lost cause.

Certainly would be a step in the right direction. Of course 1,000 alumni showing up at the AD's office would have a big impact as well. Or people can keep posting here how unhappy they are.

Agreed, except I think it should be Hatch. And they do not have to show up at the same time. If there were 10 or 12 people every day stopping by the President's office to voice their concern, he'd get tired of it pretty quick.

I like the billboard idea.

I think some type of event during a football tailgate would be effective although I don't like crossing the negativity of hoops with the optimism of football. You're not going to get more Wake fans in one place though.

hey ken nowell, what the hell is a "buildboard?"

From a member of the class of '75....I agree with Deac73. And I also just puked in my mouth at the thought of Bzz here for 5 years!!!

At least to me the problem with any overt campaign to oust [Redacted] is that his daughter goes to Wake. I am sure she already deals with enough shit as it is; she shouldn't have to pass a billboard ridiculing her dad every time she and her friends want to go to Cookout (and, yes, her dad absolutely should have thought about this before taking the job).

At least to me the problem with any overt campaign to oust [Redacted] is that his daughter goes to Wake. I am sure she already deals with enough shit as it is; she shouldn't have to pass a billboard ridiculing her dad every time she and her friends want to go to Cookout (and, yes, her dad absolutely should have thought about this before taking the job).

Absolutely sucks for her. If the university were really pro-humanitate, they would fire bzdickhead and put all of us, even his daughter, out of misery.

Well what is more important some girls feelings or our basketball program? I will put up money for the billboard today let's make it happen now. let's not wait until next year.

On this billboard idea - At first I thought, no way, but then I thought it just might be enough to embarrass somebody into pulling their head out of the sand. I know I'll put a couple of hundred in the pot. So mods, with your knowledge of those on the board; who would be the right one to put in charge of such an effort. The group of you who put this board together have certainly shown that you can get-r-done. In fact, maybe the billboards should actually be advertisements for OGBoards.com?

1) "OGBoards.com - Where Wake fans go to vent about the worst college basketball coach in Division 1"
2) "OGBoards.com - Find out which of Jeff [Redacted]'s players is the latest to be thrown under the bus."
3) "OGBoards.com - Where Ron Wellman's 'Oh Heaven's Yes' meets reality's 'Oh Hell No!'"
4) " I can't wait for next basketball season so my friends and I can meet on OGBoards.com and joke about Bzdoofus while dreaming about Wake getting a real coach."
4) "Why do YOU think Ron Wellman was allowed to make a crony hire for our basketball coach? Tell us! Your opinion matters at OGBoards.com"

I'd go with a Wake Forest billboard advertisement "We won't fail you until after your third year.... WE PROMISE" and a picture from vt what's avatar.

I've got a few hundy down.

I agree with both posts and I will add this to my post:

Bz might resign, or be encouraged to resign, but RW will never fire him or give the public a perception of Bz being fired.

RW might very well "retire" over this mess.

2305368_f520.jpg

Give me a night with a bottle of Scotch and I'll come up with some good billboard slogans.

Well what is more important some girls feelings or our basketball program? I will put up money for the billboard today let's make it happen now. let's not wait until next year.

I just think that's over the line and doesn't make us any better than Auburn throwing rocks at Gene Chizik.

Did you just compare putting up a billboard in protest of a coach to throwing rocks at a human being?

Also, if a billboard were utilized there is a difference between: "Fire [Redacted], he's a huge ass bag" and "WF BBall: Demand Change" or something along those lines. I'd be willing to donate for one close to the second, but not to the first.

Back