• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thoughts from the Class of '73 (Long)

Did you just compare putting up a billboard in protest of a coach to throwing rocks at a human being?

Okay, so obviously the rocks are more extreme, but it's the same idea. I just don't believe in trying to publicly humiliate someone and his family.

Simply a billboard that says, "Oh Heavens Yes!"

They will get it eventually..

Okay, so obviously the rocks are more extreme, but it's the same idea. I just don't believe in trying to publicly humiliate someone and his family.

[Redacted] humiliates me everyday when I either get made fun for being a Wake Forest fan.

My vote's for "Oh Heavens No" and a vt what avatar picture. It would be cool to get a poll going once we get a few more good ideas

"Oh Heavens No" is probably too inside.

I like "WF Basketball: We Can Do Better" with any Bz facepalm or the one with him bowing in disgust.

I imagine you can't just put someone's likeness on a billboard or use the words wake forest university, so I imagine we'll have to be clever to get something that will both fly and be obvious.

I imagine you can't just put someone's likeness on a billboard or use the words wake forest university, so I imagine we'll have to be clever to get something that will both fly and be obvious.

Public figures get their likenesses used in unflattering ways all the time. (Think election ads) I think it would be more of an issue of making sure you have the rights to use the picture from whoever took the picture. Most professional photographers "own" their photos and sell the right to use. As to the university, we'll need to ask, but I think just printing the name without using the logo would be OK. Otherwise every story in a newspaper that named the university would be a violation. I'm sure that the billboard company would know the specifics of these issues. If not, there has to be a Wake educated lawyer who's just as fed up as we are.

Picture of Bzd could violate his right of publicity/privacy but its debatable. You can use the name Wake Forest or WF all you want through trademark fair use/nominative use/parody almost certainly (like how Coke can use Pepsi and vice versa). Any logos would be off-limits though probably unless necessary to the message.

It is. I wish he would post here more often... I know who it is & its safe to say that he (and his friends) read the boards regularly though post their thoughts here less frequently than us youngsters do.

Most of us speak here with a lot of conjecture about how Deke 73's demographic (the true long-term supporters of the program) perceives the [Redacted] disaster... Its always enlightening to hear opinions/points-of-view straight from the source.

Last edited:
True. Odom and Co. would want it down in a heartbeat. 'We Can Do Better' in Wake colors, in conjunction with some awful stats showing it's about the basketball program (8-24; 13-18; 5 ACC wins in 2 seasons; No ACC tourney wins since 2006) could work.

I'm visualizing a billboard with vtwhat's avatar pictures in a row across the top of the board. Underneath in huge letters the caption reads, "Sometimes you just want the problem to GO AWAY... soon."

Public figures get their likenesses used in unflattering ways all the time. (Think election ads) I think it would be more of an issue of making sure you have the rights to use the picture from whoever took the picture. Most professional photographers "own" their photos and sell the right to use. As to the university, we'll need to ask, but I think just printing the name without using the logo would be OK. Otherwise every story in a newspaper that named the university would be a violation. I'm sure that the billboard company would know the specifics of these issues. If not, there has to be a Wake educated lawyer who's just as fed up as we are.

I would imagine the winston salem PD protects Wake Forest like Florida protects mexican guys standing their ground

Someone made a great herpes analogy that had be rolling about neither going away. There's gotta be something with Buzz and a fake VD ad and slogan that is the winner here.

Here's the template... Go nuts, kids.

Vl7r2.jpg

"Oh Heavens No" is probably too inside.

I like "WF Basketball: We Can Do Better" with any Bz facepalm or the one with him bowing in disgust.

+1 I like this idea

Back