• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thrashers moving to Winnipeg...the Jets are back!

there has been a lot of talk on NHL radio on who actually owns the "Jets" name

i think it might be the NHL, but i heard the moose rumor as well

I've heard the name of the new team would be the Manitoba Moose (using the name of the current AHL team), rather than returning to the Jets. :wtf:

Nooooooooooooooooo. Sources? I seriously doubt that as the city of Winnipeg freaked when the team was moving and demanded that the team name stay in the city. Did the team history stay in Winnipeg? If not, can they get that back now?

Some good YouTubes:

Really skins?

I listen to espn 980 on my iPhone at work all day. Doc walker is my least favorite show.

Sorry...at least I signed it.

I just don't know how anyone can take more than 3 seconds of that show. The sad part is that Arrington and Dukes are just as bad.

Sorry...at least I signed it.

I just don't know how anyone can take more than 3 seconds of that show. The sad part is that Arrington and Dukes are just as bad.

I guess it's actually the John Thompson show with Doc Walker.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-thrashers/bettman-no-deal-to-951877.html

Bettman said no deal has been made to move the Thrashers to Winnipeg -– and criticized reports of a possible move -- but he did not rule out relocation unless someone steps forward to own the team here.

"We get reports, speculation, that the team's gone. And there's no deal," Bettman said. "I can tell you that with certainty that there is no deal for this team to move. Am I predicting that there will never be or that there won't be at some point in time? No, I'm not saying there is or there isn't."

"Obviously, as it relates to next season, time is getting short," he said. "We have to do a schedule. We're doing a schedule with our broadcast partners; we have to have it done for clubs by the end of June. And it's not something you can do in 28 or 48 hours."

-Bettman

Earlier in the week, the Winnipeg Free Press reported that the league is working on two separate schedule drafts for next season -- one with Atlanta and one with Winnipeg.

-LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sns-tsn-adn-sale-atl-p1-20110519,0,3081263.story

Bettman is such a turd. Go Jets!

If this happened, it would be something to put in the "Tell me something good about North Dakota" file...just across the border from the Jets! :)

The fix is in.

The NHL gets $60 million if the Thrash move. If the Thrashers get bought by a person who keeps them in Atlanta, the NHL gets nothing.

That's all I needed to hear about this situation.

(The Thrasher is actually a cool name if you know anything about the bird, which is the Georgia state bird. They are mean as hell)

Nobody goes to Thrashers game Go. Nobody. Give it up. You are lucky you get to keep the Braves and Hawks.

Nobody goes to Thrashers game Go. Nobody. Give it up. You are lucky you get to keep the Braves and Hawks.

I don't care honestly.

The Braves actually are in the top 10 in attendance...

ya sounds like its unoffically official just waiting for the ink to dry. atlanta is now 0 for 2 on NHL franchises if this goes through, sad day for that city

Atlanta has a history of being a bad sports fan town. This should be no shock to anyone.

Back