• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thread Derailed Completely

Almost as amazing as the loyalty a pat on the head from an older father figure buys.

Just so I'm clear, his father-in-law dying of a heart attack at the age of 62 brought you all today's joy?

It brought me profound sadness because that death ultimately led bkf down the path you see today. If he had lived bkf might have learned the lesson of hard work and not just being handed things in life.

I guess character means lecturing others on hard work and self sufficiency after having everything handed to you your whole life (and still not amounting to anything).

This reveal also shows why bkf hates brasky so much. Brasky was given the same undeserving opportunity, though to a lesser degree, that bkf once faced and ultimately strongly rejected the handed out.

It's amazing how many separate nerves BKF touched here in The Tunnels. Triggereds swarming.

Also, nobody "gifted" me anything. I worked there unloading trucks and learning the business during the summers when I was in college. Then after graduating I wasn't given a job there. I started on a job with Burlington Industries at $610/month. I only went to this business when my father-in-law asked me as his health got worse. And I earned everything I made. I was given no stock....ever...in the company. I was paid a salary plus incentive bonus based upon profits. The company was doing $500K of business when I got there and I built it up to $2.5M when it was sold. And since I didn't own any stock, I didn't get anything from the sale, either. (I did get 18 months of extended salary from the buyer for signing a 3-year non-compete clause...as I could have otherwise gone to a competitor and taken much of the company's business.) Furthermore, the family only owned 50% of the business. My father-in-law had a silent 50% owner in the business who was not involved in the business operations but had the necessary credit to allow the business to get started years earlier. (The nature of the business involved significant equipment expense and my father-in-law needed this partner to borrow the money to get the business going & expanded.) He should have had a buy-sell agreement with this other owner, but he never had one, so the guy got 50% of the profits for all those years for a relatively small initial out-of-pocket expense.

Back