• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thread Derailed Completely

My first job out of WF was as an administrative trainee with Burlington Industries. I started that in July, 1968. Was drafted 30Apr69. After my ETS on 29Apr71 I returned to that job...where I stayed until I took a job in the family business (where I had worked during my summers at WF) in January of 1973. My father-in-law had health problems and died from a heart attack at age 62 in August, 1973....throwing me into the position of running the 35-employee company whether I was ready of not.

No time off work for me. I couldn't keep going to school & living the party life until age 25-28 like many guys on these boards today.

lol classic.

I want to make sure I've got this straight.

In bob's bizarro world, it's bad if mom and dad pay $60,000 for a kid to go to Wake, because the kid hasn't "earned" it.

BUT it's a badge of honor to be given a 35 employee company, because you married someone's daughter.

He does prove the old adage that you can marry more in ten minutes than you could earn in a lifetime.

I never owned a single share of that company....and I didn't go to work for that company out of college. I didn't go to work for that company until Jan, 1973. I graduated in June, 1968. Worked 2 1/2 years with Burlington Industries and 2 years in the army before that.

Haha you didn't even get an ownership share? Father in law gave you a job when you couldn't find one coming out of the Army, set you up as his successor, but wouldn't actually leave the company to you?

Haha you didn't even get an ownership share? Father in law gave you a job when you couldn't find one coming out of the Army, set you up as his successor, but wouldn't actually leave the company to you?

88975aa69e73746d224c666e53c5b1a06fb5cc691aa82263d4f88e6c6d465e72.jpg

WAIT, after years of ruthlessly mocking Wake Forest graduates for supposedly being handed an education they didn't deserve and being gifted jobs they didn't earn, BKF reveals that he inherited a 35-person company five years out of college?!? From his FATHER-IN-LAW?

Jesus, guys, this is hypocrisy embodied. YOU WERE LITERALLY GIVEN A CAREER.

WAIT, after years of ruthlessly mocking Wake Forest graduates for supposedly being handed an education they didn't deserve and being gifted jobs they didn't earn, BKF reveals that he inherited a 35-person company five years out of college?!? From his FATHER-IN-LAW?

Jesus, guys, this is hypocrisy embodied. YOU WERE LITERALLY GIVEN A CAREER.

Bkf's lack of self awareness is the constant in my universe.

My first job out of WF was as an administrative trainee with Burlington Industries. I started that in July, 1968. Was drafted 30Apr69. After my ETS on 29Apr71 I returned to that job...where I stayed until I took a job in the family business (where I had worked during my summers at WF) in January of 1973. My father-in-law had health problems and died from a heart attack at age 62 in August, 1973....throwing me into the position of running the 35-employee company whether I was ready of not.

No time off work for me. I couldn't keep going to school & living the party life until age 25-28 like many guys on these boards today.
Lololololol, this is incredible.

You are the biggest hypocrite of all-time.

A company was a nice reward for all the hitchhiking you did back to Randleman each weekend to visit his daughter at Randleman High your first 3 years at Wake. Wonder if Brasky would have sacrificed all that psf college tang if he knew a 35 employee business was waiting for him at the end of the rainbow a mere 8 years later. Kids today just don't know sacrifice.

Its not like anybody really gave a shit what bkf posted before (would you take advice from the reverse mortgage king of Randolph County), but this stuff is just great.

I'm not sure which is sweeter: sailor the "educator" citing conservapedia; or bkf being hand his livelihood as a dowry for getting married. With the exception of a notable few, the old folks around here are batshit crazy.

a lil birdy tole me that bud lives right next to a tire sto'

He can walk to a place called sir pizza

classy, biatch

It's amazing how many separate nerves BKF touched here in The Tunnels. Triggereds swarming.

Back