• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thread for Actual Actions Taken By Trump - Not All The Stupid Bullshit He Says

It really sucks when well intentioned legislation has a detrimental effect on so many people.

I'll believe it's well intentioned when the ban includes Saudi Arabia, or a Muslim country where Trump has business ties.

The travel ban isn't just for refugees. The 9 Saudis who committed the 9/11 attacks weren't refugees.

This isn't difficult, Trump could have enforced this in a convincing, strategic way. Liberals would still be unhappy, but it would make sense. He didn't do that. He placed no ban or restrictions on Muslim countries where he has personal business ties, even though those countries are known havens for extremism.

It really sucks when well intentioned legislation has a detrimental effect on so many people.

Well intentioned in what way? Fomenting fear and hysteria among heartland whites who have never met a Muslim to get elected, then implementing a ban that does nothing to stop terrorism?

This presidency and current congress is a culmination of years of fear-stoking and sewing the seeds of mistrust in everyone and everything by the GOP and its echo chamber messengers to manipulate Americans to succumb to the whims of the industry Titans and robber baron bankers who pull their strings. They've been wildly successful at mind-fucking you people into not trusting science, media, education, civil liberties, non Judeo-Christian thought, humanitarianism, and fuck all that doesn't further a pro-wealthy agenda.

Congratulations, pawns.

This presidency and current congress is a culmination of years of fear-stoking and sewing the seeds of mistrust in everyone and everything by the GOP and its echo chamber messengers to manipulate Americans to succumb to the whims of the industry Titans and robber baron bankers who pull their strings. They've been wildly successful at mind-fucking you people into not trusting science, media, education, civil liberties, non Judeo-Christian thought, humanitarianism, and fuck all that doesn't further a pro-wealthy agenda.

Congratulations, pawns.

So you liked Hillary Clinton? Seems odd given what you write above.

I asked this earlier. I was told they have no refugees. But what about Afghanistan and other places with them? And are there any refugees from Iran? Seems unlikely.

Not sure what your question here is, but yes, there are refugees from Afghanistan and Iran, especially those of the Baha'i faith. Going off memory, but I believe that Iranians made up the 3rd highest number of refugees resettled in the US last year by ethnicity.

Well intentioned in what way? Fomenting fear and hysteria among heartland whites who have never met a Muslim to get elected, then implementing a ban that does nothing to stop terrorism?

I assumed LK was being sarcastic. I really hope he was being sarcastic.

Not sure what your question here is, but yes, there are refugees from Afghanistan and Iran, especially those of the Baha'i faith. Going off memory, but I believe that Iranians made up the 3rd highest number of refugees resettled in the US last year by ethnicity.

Ah. OK. Then why not put the restriction in on Afghanistan as well?

I hope I'm wrong but thing could get really bad over the next 4 years. The bottom 25% within the range of outcomes for a Trump presidency with Bannon, Flynn, etc. pulling all the strings has some really scary outcomes.

Also note, I'm a democrat, but man y'all are hard to associate with. Rub some dirt on it.

As for all these executive orders, I don't get why people are complaining about them. He's doing exactly what he said he'd do for the past year. If people were as outraged as y'all are making it seem, he wouldn't have been voted in. I, as well as pretty much everyone over the age of 50, actually respects him for doing what he said he'd do, been a long time since we've had a politician do that.

If you don't like what he was saying, vote against him. If you did and he still won, stop being a sore loser already. If this election has taught you anything, you're only increasing the turnout of the other side with your whining. You aren't going to galvanize the poors who are too lazy to vote in the first place. I mean every black person in america thinks he's a klan member and still didn't come out to vote. And before that's offensive, I'm a poor who was too lazy to vote.

Ahh yes, democracy. If your guy loses an election you're not allowed to say anything until the next election.

Back