• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thread for Actual Actions Taken By Trump - Not All The Stupid Bullshit He Says

Serious post: There's way too strong of a demographic that's just terrified of the middle east after 9/11. trying to get them on board with accepting middle eastern refugees is just a non-starter. Morally you are correct. Politically, it's suicide. Trump playing hardball here scores him political points, so he'll do it. The average american simply doesn't want Syrians moving here. Calling him out on this and claiming the moral high ground simply will lose you the next election as well, it's a bad thing to focus on.

Maybe there's more to life than winning elections. You could have won an election on not letting Jews into the country in the 1930s. Does that make that the right position to take?

Also fuck everyone who said that we shouldn't pay attention to what Trump says because he doesn't mean it. Like seriously. Fuck all y'all

For a bunch of people who were worked up about Obama not saying "Islamic" terrorist specifically, you're giving a wide birth on what Trump says and means.

A summary of Week 1:

For a bunch of people who were worked up about Obama not saying "Islamic" terrorist specifically, you're giving a wide birth on what Trump says and means.

But Obama never said anything clever about taking him "seriously not literally". It's not the same thing at all.

Very good idea.
QbwTSaD.jpg

"But experts on government policy said Trump’s formulation made little sense. “There’s no logic to this,” William Gale, a tax and fiscal policy expert at the Brookings Institution, said before seeing the executive order. “The number of regulations is not the key. It’s how onerous regulations are. This seems like a totally nonsensical constraint to me.”"

President Trump signed an order Monday aimed at cutting regulations on businesses, saying that agencies should eliminate two regulations for each new one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...every-new-one-imposed/?utm_term=.e0495c9c0c4d

I'm going to add a new regulation that requires widgets to be 3" wide, made of brass, and weight 29 oz. while eliminating the regulation that requires widgets be 3" wide and the one that requires widgets be made of brass !

Looks like Trump is going after LGBT folks next...

Trump putting out an EO on cyber tomorrow, how do we know? His cyber EO has already leaked in full to the internet. America!!

And they are so consumed by fear that they are immune to facts.

Gotta think the constitutionality of the Muslim ban will be a litmus test for Trump's nominee.

I Don't think the republicans are the ones promoting the fear mongering these days, have you read the news lately?

People acting like they can't ever move and their families can never visit again a day or two after an executive order is holy hyperbole Batman

For the record I believe in open borders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What is the motivation behind these new policies if not fear?

Dunno where to put this but DeVos apparently plagiarized answers in her Senate Questionnaire. That could sink her.

Dunno where to put this but DeVos apparently plagiarized answers in her Senate Questionnaire. That could sink her.

Ah well that's good. The bar for not getting into this administration isn't sheer ineptitude, but rather plagiarism. At least we know there may be some modicum of standards.

It's crazy to me that a corpse has a better chance of getting through hearings than some of these people. There is a very low bar and somehow these people can't hit it.

Back