• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thursday Night College Football Games Thread

I wish I went to Stanford.

Sad panda

Running the ball twice inside the 5 on their last drive made no sense. They lost precious time that meant the only way to have a chance to win was to recover yet another onside kick. Had they passed once they were inside the 5 they could have gotten the ball back from Stanford with between 30-60 seconds and still have a chance to win. When will these coaches learn to game manage late?

Also, why did Oregon choose to go for it on 4 and goal from the 4 on their 2nd possession of the game? Just kick the field goal. Hindsight is 20/20 but still...

Could be a banner weekend for the private schools:

Baylor goes to 8-0 and crushes Oklahoma
Stanford beats previously #3 Oregon
Duke wins 7 games for the first time since '94 ... with three games to go
Vandy wins @ Florida???

And then us. Oh.

Running the ball twice inside the 5 on their last drive made no sense. They lost precious time that meant the only way to have a chance to win was to recover yet another onside kick. Had they passed once they were inside the 5 they could have gotten the ball back from Stanford with between 30-60 seconds and still have a chance to win. When will these coaches learn to game manage late?

They were going to do an onside kick no matter what. They couldn't stop Stanford's O and they knew it.

They were going to do an onside kick no matter what. They couldn't stop Stanford's O and they knew it.

Oregon held them to 4 FGs in the last 41 minutes of the game.

So another year where the "GREATEST OFFENSE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY" falls short, huh? Color me surprised. Now Florida State just needs to avoid a choke somewhere along the line.

131023we-want-bama660_zpsaf5c7908.jpg

nevermind_zps81ab8a10.jpg

So another year where the "GREATEST OFFENSE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY" falls short, huh? Color me surprised. Now Florida State just needs to avoid a choke somewhere along the line.

Baylor's offense says hello.

Baylor's offense says hello.
I think Baylor's offense is better too, but they haven't been hyped up nearly as much as Oregon's the last few years. This has just been a year-after-year-after-year thing with the Ducks and how amazing they are...until they play someone worth a shit. Hanging 80 on scrub teams doesn't prove anything.

I think Baylor's offense is better too, but they haven't been hyped up nearly as much as Oregon's the last few years. This has just been a year-after-year-after-year thing with the Ducks and how amazing they are...until they play someone worth a shit. Hanging 80 on scrub teams doesn't prove anything.

Instead of dumping on Oregon, Stanford is the story. Stanford has a bad ass defense, a great o-line (which includes C Khalil Wilkes, who WF thought that it had locked up) and players that follow assignments. There are highly paid coaching staffs at Tennessee, Washington, UCLA, UVA among other programs that were helpless against Oregon's offense. Simply stated, Stanford was able to do something that no else could over the last two years. Love the disciplined way Stanford defense plays.

Last edited:
Back