• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thursday Night TV Thread

Though I've demonstrated I might not be smart enough for it, I can't wait for the Awake finale on Thursday. Really curious how they're going to resolve it (or not).

i just watched the last episode last night thinking it was the finale and was super pissed when it was over. had to google to see whether or not there was one more episode. i'm disappointed this didnt get picked up, they definitely rushed the storyline the last few episodes to give some closure. with that being said I don't really know how much further they could have taken it anyways. i will never really understand why this shows with huge twist keeping getting made when it becomes clear that they'll have to reveal the twist fairly early so it just doesn't keep dragging it on and on or creating new twist with previous ones never being resolved (see Lost)

I don't mind having just one season. As you say, the central idea is good, but it's not really conducive to multiple seasons. I see it as an extended movie, and a good one. That being said, the finale last night didn't satisfy me.

I watched the last 3 episodes last night and I enjoyed it. I got what they were trying to do in the finale although Sepinwall's interview with the creator made it more unclear. I took it to mean Britten finally realized that the red side was the dream and green was reality, but realized that if he could have a dream where his wife survived, he could have a dream where they both survived.

Yeah, I suppose it was ambiguous as to whether both worlds were an extended dream or, as you say, he created an ideal dream for himself instead of facing reality. Or maybe he died and went to heaven. I love happy endings, but it felt a little saccharine/deus ex machina. At least it leaves the door open for more episodes if someone picks it up.

No one's picking it up.

boo. not a fan of the ending. i too think that the final scene is just a new dream that he has created but i definitely think its supposed to be ambiguous like the ending of inception. overall i thought it was a great finale but i would have preferred a clear cut ending.

I saw a theory that the new dream is actually before the accident in which Britten would attempt to take down the conspirators before it happened. That's probably where Season 2 would have started off.

Thanks to the DVR, I watched the "Remedial Chaos Theory" ep of Community and the "Pawnee Rangers" ep of Parks & Rec that includes "Treat Yo Self".

By the way, interesting factoid. Dude from Awake was Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter.
LuciusMalfoy.jpg

Thanks to the DVR, I watched the "Remedial Chaos Theory" ep of Community and the "Pawnee Rangers" ep of Parks & Rec that includes "Treat Yo Self".

By the way, interesting factoid. Dude from Awake was Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter.
LuciusMalfoy.jpg

Ph, that may be the most commonly known interesting fact I've ever heard.

Oh well. It was interesting to me. I had no idea.

that is news to me. granted i'm not a huge harry potter fan (i've seen all but the last movie but each only once) but my mind was blown when i saw that picture

Last edited:
Thanks, Cap. Pretty much the same here. I had no idea. And that picture was the only one I found where he looked like the same dude.

I always think of him as the bad guy from the Patriot.

This movie was when he got on my radar and since then, I've put him on my list of favorite "that guy"s. I think he's a great actor. Yes, great.

Back to being the best show on TV! :circlejerk:

And We're Back!
Dan Harmon returning to Community.

I was on the edge of dropping it off the dvr next year. It was ok this season but I mostly was indifferent each episode. I think I have a few left on the dvr actually.

I dropped it after the season premiere. If they would kill that Chang guy, I would consider returning.

I was on the edge of dropping it off the dvr next year. It was ok this season but I mostly was indifferent each episode. I think I have a few left on the dvr actually.

Only good episode was the one written by the Dean late in the season. The rest were horrible.

Back