• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thursday Night TV Thread

Personally, I'm a little glad one of the shows is moving away from Thursday night. That's a lot of TV for one evening, especially when you consider shows on other networks (Always Sunny, The League, Beavis & Butthead, etc) that air during the 10 pm hour. Thursday is stacked.

Also, NBC has had some good stuff on Friday nights over the past couple of years -- Friday Night Lights, Chuck, and now Community. Sure, the ratings will suck, but with the ratings Community has had, it's a miracle it's coming back at all.

Not to mention Thursday Night Football on ESPN and NFL Network. It actually ensures that Community will get watched for me.

I mean the actual time slot has always been somewhat irrelevant for me as it was never watched live, but these are almost assuredly the last 13 episodes now. In all honesty I'm fine with that, and it is a surprise it has lasted this long.

I just know I'm going to watch more TV than usual on Thursday and Sunday nights than I watch other nights.

Pretty much the only stuff I DVR comes on Thursday and Sunday nights, with the exception of Justified. And reality stuff.

Personally, I'm a little glad one of the shows is moving away from Thursday night. That's a lot of TV for one evening, especially when you consider shows on other networks (Always Sunny, The League, Beavis & Butthead, etc) that air during the 10 pm hour. Thursday is stacked.

Also, NBC has had some good stuff on Friday nights over the past couple of years -- Friday Night Lights, Chuck, and now Community. Sure, the ratings will suck, but with the ratings Community has had, it's a miracle it's coming back at all.

FNL and Chuck are toast right? Friday night is like a retirement home for tv shows. Its where you go before you die.

yeah by the time Chuck was moved to Friday nights its was all but dead. i consider myself a HUGE Chuck fan (see name and avatar) and i didn't even watch the final season that was on on Friday nights

FNL and Chuck are toast right? Friday night is like a retirement home for tv shows. Its where you go before you die.

FNL and Chuck are both done, but what I meant is that over the past couple of years, NBC has put some quality shows on Friday night. FNL and Chuck also survived multiple seasons on Friday night. Yes, it is a dumping ground and yes, the ratings will not be good, but it doesn't necessarily have to mean the end of the show. Further, again, the fact Community will make it at least 4 seasons is pretty amazing.

FNL and Chuck are both done, but what I meant is that over the past couple of years, NBC has put some quality shows on Friday night. FNL and Chuck also survived multiple seasons on Friday night. Yes, it is a dumping ground and yes, the ratings will not be good, but it doesn't necessarily have to mean the end of the show. Further, again, the fact Community will make it at least 4 seasons is pretty amazing.

Chuck wasn't moved til Friday night until its last season (it already knew it was going to be the final season before it was moved FWIW) but it was always on Mondays seasons 1-4.

The first Community was one of the strangest episodes of TV I've ever seen. Very creative.

Really digging Goth Britta in the second one.

did you guys see the plane crash on grey's???

Back