• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thursday Night TV Thread

yeah by the time Chuck was moved to Friday nights its was all but dead. i consider myself a HUGE Chuck fan (see name and avatar) and i didn't even watch the final season that was on on Friday nights

you missed some solid stuff.

That's messed up. They're renewing a cult favorite without what makes it a cult favorite.

That's messed up. They're renewing a cult favorite without what makes it a cult favorite.

This has been the most common reaction I've read so far. It doesn't seem logical to keep Community around without Harmon. My guess is the new guys are being brought in with the mandate to make the show more "accessible" and mainstream. I expect that idea to fail miserably

Also keeping 30 Rock, but canceling Studio 60 despite better ratings and reviews.

This has been the most common reaction I've read so far. It doesn't seem logical to keep Community around without Harmon. My guess is the new guys are being brought in with the mandate to make the show more "accessible" and mainstream. I expect that idea to fail miserably

Yeah, same.

Although, while I'm a huge Community fan, I kind of understand the move to let Harmon go. Harmon had three seasons to do pretty much anything he wanted, but as ratings dropped, the show just got weirder. I still love it, but many people don't. They'd do well to get simpler, go back to the quick dialogue around the study table, and abandon things like video games, claymation, etc.

Where's that "Not Sure If Serious" meme? It was invented for posts like this.

I'm dead serious. They started at a similar time. After one year, Studio 60 was doing a lot better, but 30 Rock was cheaper.

I don't really like 30 Rock. Studio 60 was exceptional.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one, chief.

Studio 60 started good but by the end it was horrible. Bradley Whitford's creepy stalking/courting angle of Amanda Peet's character was brutal to watch. Great idea, execution was very flawed.

Studio 60 started good but by the end it was horrible. Bradley Whitford's creepy stalking/courting angle of Amanda Peet's character was brutal to watch. Great idea, execution was very flawed.

Agree with you on that story line, but the rest of the show was very good towards the end.

I almost want to cry knowing that Community, for all intents and purposes, is done forever. It was some of the best television ever made and I hate knowing that we'll never get to see where it could have gone.

Though I've demonstrated I might not be smart enough for it, I can't wait for the Awake finale on Thursday. Really curious how they're going to resolve it (or not).

Gotta catch up on it. Haven't watched it in awhile due to my Thursdays and Sundays being crowded along with the NBA playoffs taking up my DVR time.

Back