• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thursday's Debate: Discussion Thread

I wouldn't go that far. Biden was Biden and the kid stood up to him. The so called debate was white noise, talking points and political discord. Entertaining in a strange way but in the end a complete waste of time.

It's a win of a news cycle. The more of those you win, the more likely you are to win the WH.

No shit. He doubled down on the Benghazi lies and raised a couple of lies pf his own on his votes on Afghanistan and Iraq. Not the truthiest performance ever. He repeatedly interrupted Ryan with conclusory, unsupported opinions. Or as Rachel Madcow calls it, "fact checking."

Benghazi, saying he didn't vote for two wars that he did, the birth control mandate in Obamacare that he denied existed, and saying they only wanted to jack up taxes for millionaires instead of those making 250k and over....those are just off the top of my head. Incredibly, I saw an article that interpreted Biden's millionaire tax proposal as the administration's new course of action and response to Pelosi/Reid wanting to do the same. The administration, in typical fashion, shot itself in the foot and refused to bail itself out, instead sticking to its 250k guns.

Now that time has passed the clear winner of the debate was Mitt Romney. Biden's unhinged behavior is the only lasting takeaway for the majority of those watching last night and excluding libs this was not perceived favorably. Undecideds and women will definitely swing toward Romney much as they did decisively following Obama's subpar performance last week-InTrade movement toward Romney today indicates the smart money already expects this logical end result.

Sadly for Obama he has gone from the near guaranteed winner to now actually trailing in most polls and all he had to do to wrap up victory was just perform averagely in the first debate which he failed to do. Last night was also another huge lost opportunity as they had some strong lines of attack (especially Ryan's threat to Medicare with a radical private voucher plan) that could have been very damaging to Romney which were stupidly lost due to Biden's ridiculous body language and manners.

Obama and his team have got to figure things out and soon or else he may actually do what all the brilliant posters on here thought was impossible-lose to a pathetic RW candidate...
I don't know why there isn't an ad scrolling over the letter with that quote in the voice over.

Nice talking points. Too bad they don't conform with reality.

Obama did screw up in the debate #1 and Romney has tighthened this race to razor thin, but there is no evidence that Biden's debate turned off undecideds outside of the right wing talking point echo chamber. In fact, many polls show him winning the undecided vote on the debate.

Last edited:
Now that time has passed the clear winner of the debate was Mitt Romney. Biden's unhinged behavior is the only lasting takeaway for the majority of those watching last night and excluding libs this was not perceived favorably. Undecideds and women will definitely swing toward Romney much as they did decisively following Obama's subpar performance last week-InTrade movement toward Romney today indicates the smart money already expects this logical end result.

Sadly for Obama he has gone from the near guaranteed winner to now actually trailing in most polls and all he had to do to wrap up victory was just perform averagely in the first debate which he failed to do. Last night was also another huge lost opportunity as they had some strong lines of attack (especially Ryan's threat to Medicare with a radical private voucher plan) that could have been very damaging to Romney which were stupidly lost due to Biden's ridiculous body language and manners.

Obama and his team have got to figure things out and soon or else he may actually do what all the brilliant posters on here thought was impossible-lose to a pathetic RW candidate...

Biden's body language and manners is so much more disrespectful than Romney and Ryan's belief that the way to win the election is to continue to spout an ever-changing line of BS to the American people everywhere they go.

I wonder if Ryan was coached not to get ugly. He was respectful to Biden, when he could have gutted him.

"I'm not taking any lectures for what's mathematically impossible from somebody who responsible for the four biggest deficits in U.S. history."

"Mr. Vice President, I have to ask you, did you just deny voting for the Afghan and Iraq authorizations for force?"

I wonder if Ryan was coached not to get ugly. He was respectful to Biden, when he could have gutted him.

"I'm not taking any lectures for what's mathematically impossible from somebody who responsible for the four biggest deficits in U.S. history."

"Mr. Vice President, I have to ask you, did you just deny voting for the Afghan and Iraq authorizations for force?"

Ryan got his ass kicked. No way he was coached to get his ass kicked. And if he was, and let it happen, he has no business in government.

i saw this pic on some guy i know's facebook. is this stuff true?

319046_496027593748388_890941128_n.jpg

That might be the most lies ever thrown into one 10 second sound bite. Fantastic work.

That isn't possible. Everyone know that the only liars in this race are Romney and Ryan. That is pretty much the extent of the President's campaign pitch at this point.

Not only was Biden lying about those votes, but he also continues to propagate a comically uninformed view of the causes of the financial crisis.

Back