• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TIERS!!!

Help me out. I think it went like this.

AOL
Rancho
ACCBoards
Scout
New Scout
Split between Scout and OGBoards

Am I missing anything?

I remember John Edwards wife used to post on the UNC message board on old AOL.

While we're going down memory lane, what was the name of Ken's site that bridged the gap between AOL Message Boards and ACCBoards.com?

Actually his name was Kent. He is a Wake grad. Got into the internet stuff early.

Help me out. I think it went like this.

AOL
Rancho
ACCBoards
Scout
New Scout
Split between Scout and OGBoards

Am I missing anything?

That feels right. The Rivals board popped up, but I don't feel like I ever recognized a single poster over there when I'd scan it for news when "big" things were happening. They are/were some weird subset of Wake fans that lived alone in isolation, seemingly without contact with the modern world.

2003 was Rivers' sr year. They won the Gator Bowl in 2002.

Adam Fletcher took major Ls.

when was the rancho board? i know i got on at the accboards and assimilated through scout, new scout and ogboards. for sure wasn't on AOL board

Since 1997, they're 2 & 9 at Groves (BB&T) in football.
Since 1991, they're 6 & 23 at the Joel in basketball.
They really should be embarrassed.

Kent was not only the founder but a great poster with excellent basketball knowledge, like many of the early posters. I recollect he was always the voice of reason when we were too high or low after a victory or loss.

Kent was not only the founder but a great poster with excellent basketball knowledge, like many of the early posters. I recollect he was always the voice of reason when we were too high or low after a victory or loss.

The Timmy years were interesting for us on the ACCBoards.

Kent was a pretty negative poster. He had one of the best aliases in board history, JohnNottheBaptist. He was responsible for the annotated Wellman interview about Caldwell in 1999 or 2000. That was one of the early great posts.

Kent was a pretty negative poster. He had one of the best aliases in board history, JohnNottheBaptist. He was responsible for the annotated Wellman interview about Caldwell in 1999 or 2000. That was one of the early great posts.

that post was amazing

There was another site in between AOL and Rancho - it's been a while but it was something like "Just Another Wake Sports Forum" or something like that. Would have been around 1995-1996-1997 or so. I can't remember the name of the guy that ran it ...

2003 was Rivers' sr year. They won the Gator Bowl in 2002.

Adam Fletcher took major Ls.

Yeah. We lost to them the Gator Bowl year. But they were so full of themselves and completely looked past Wake the next year, ready to beat Ohio State the next week and take their rightful place at the top of college football. And we beat the shit out of them. They had a couple of late scores to make it look more respectable, but I think we lead 28-3 at one point.

Back