• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tiger gets pinched

I don't really know anything about Jack Nicklaus' personal life to be honest, so I would hesitate to make a comparison. Up until Tiger's wife took a wedge to his truck, and his entire life tumbled out of control I think that most people would have said that Tiger led a pretty ideal life. Hard to compare athletes of yesteryear to current ones. A lot of stuff went on that was simply never reported because that wasn't the media culture at that point in time.

You should probably read up a little on Jack Nicklaus. Your "a lot of stuff went on that was simply never reported" excuse/copout is really lame and totally unfair to Nicklaus....who has been the consummate family man for the entire 57 years of his marriage to Barbara.

Do you really want to seriously imply...in a backhanded way...that Jack Nicklaus engaged in any of the shit that Tiger has done during and after his marriage and it just "wasn't reported"?

Man-up, guy. It's alright to be honest about things...even if it pisses off a lot of board snowflakes. Don't worry about what others think. The truth is strong enough to stand on its own.

And by the way, Tiger's life "tumbled out of control" long before his wife found out about it and took the actions that she did. That event was the end result of years of inappropriate actions by Tiger....not the beginning of them.

Last edited:
Can you still be a family man if you murdered your father in law?

e75.jpg

You should probably read up a little on Jack Nicklaus. Your "a lot of stuff went on that was simply never reported" excuse/copout is really lame and totally unfair to Nicklaus....who has been the consummate family man for the entire 57 years of his marriage to Barbara.

Do you really want to seriously imply...in a backhanded way...that Jack Nicklaus engaged in any of the shit that Tiger has done during and after his marriage and it just "wasn't reported"?

Man-up, guy. It's alright to be honest about things...even if it pisses off a lot of board snowflakes. Don't worry about what others think. The truth is strong enough to stand on its own.

And by the way, Tiger's life "tumbled out of control" long before his wife found out about it and took the actions that she did. That event was the end result of years of inappropriate actions by Tiger....not the beginning of them.

FTR, Jack's 18-year old son Steve got caught for DUI on Jack Nicklaus Freeway in Columbus back in 1981.

''How's your boy?'' ''He fell asleep at the wheel,'' Jack Nicklaus said. ''He had a couple of beers and fell asleep.'' ''Was it on your mind?'' ''Not really. I talked to him and he was fine. He just had a scratch on his leg. I suppose he's no different than any other college kid.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1981/07/17/sports/sports-of-the-times-my-highest-score-as-a-pro.html

LOL at bkf. If nothing else, he is totally consistent & predictable when it comes to defending the crackers.

I'm always suspicious when people act like they're on a first-name basis with people who obviously have no clue who they are.

FTR, Jack's 18-year old son Steve got caught for DUI on Jack Nicklaus Freeway in Columbus back in 1981.

http://www.nytimes.com/1981/07/17/sports/sports-of-the-times-my-highest-score-as-a-pro.html

I am trying to understand the purpose of your post, because it certainly does nothing to advance the idea that Nicklaus was not a dedicated family man. If you read your own article, you know that Nicklaus shot an 83 in the British Open and missed the cut after hearing the news about his son. So he was obviously concerned about it, he was just not a man to make excuses if he played poorly.

Also, this DUI was his son's, not his.....and, in any event, this is not about just a single DUI. We are talking about Tiger's entire lifestyle over the last 10-15 years or whatever. And trying to insinuate that Jack Nicklaus has conducted his life outside the golf course in any way remotely similar to the way Tiger Woods has conducted his life outside the golf course is insane. And this doesn't have anything at all to do with race. What we have here are two individuals with entirely different value systems, as evidenced by the way they have conducted their lives. Posters unwilling to accept this obvious fact for no reason other than to be combative with me are simply ignoring the reality of the situation.

Tiger Woods is a sociopath with an addictive personality. That's not a surprise to anybody.

He needs help, not some old white guy yelling about how the "brothers are protected by Ph" on an anonymous message board.

I am trying to understand the purpose of your post, because it certainly does nothing to advance the idea that Nicklaus was not a dedicated family man. If you read your own article, you know that Nicklaus shot an 83 in the British Open and missed the cut after hearing the news about his son. So he was obviously concerned about it, he was just not a man to make excuses if he played poorly.

Also, this DUI was his son's, not his.....and, in any event, this is not about just a single DUI. We are talking about Tiger's entire lifestyle over the last 10-15 years or whatever. And trying to insinuate that Jack Nicklaus has conducted his life outside the golf course in any way remotely similar to the way Tiger Woods has conducted his life outside the golf course is insane. And this doesn't have anything at all to do with race. What we have here are two individuals with entirely different value systems, as evidenced by the way they have conducted their lives. Posters unwilling to accept this obvious fact for no reason other than to be combative with me are simply ignoring the reality of the situation.

Pointing out that Jack's reaction to Tiger's DUI is different from his reaction to his son's.

Tiger Woods is a sociopath with an addictive personality. That's not a surprise to anybody.

He needs help, not some old white guy yelling about how the "brothers are protected by Ph" on an anonymous message board.

Yeah, come on BKF, stop hurting Tiger. You're part of the problem. Go help him! :tard:

I like Nicklaus and think he's one of the great sportsmen of the 20th century

I believe he was prepared to graciously cede the title of best ever to Tiger

now that won't happen, and there is a part of Jack that is super pumped about this (which he is trying to hide)

it's human nature - I don't fault Jack at all for at least partially enjoying the meltdown (I would as well)

I like Nicklaus and think he's one of the great sportsmen of the 20th century

I believe he was prepared to graciously cede the title of best ever to Tiger

now that won't happen, and there is a part of Jack that is super pumped about this (which he is trying to hide)

it's human nature - I don't fault Jack at all for at least partially enjoying the meltdown (I would as well)

Reminds me of Marino's butthurt complaining about the new NFL rules after Brees, et al started breaking all his records.

Seven pages and no one's blamed Tiger's Asian genes for his troubles?

These boards are going downhill

This girl I used to work with was a big Tiger fan and didn't turn on him in the aftermath of the affairs scandal. She specifically didn't like Phil Mickelson though because she claimed he was the same way and routinely is cheating on his wife, but it's just not public knowledge. I've never heard anything like that about Phil - do any internet sleuths know if that's true or just conjecture?

That's really ridiculous and totally BS.

Here's the definition of sociopath: a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

The guy was a horn dog like many people with power. That's all we know about him. He didn't commit any crimes (other than this DUI). He hasn't shown a "lack of conscience".

You are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the line.

This girl I used to work with was a big Tiger fan and didn't turn on him in the aftermath of the affairs scandal. She specifically didn't like Phil Mickelson though because she claimed he was the same way and routinely is cheating on his wife, but it's just not public knowledge. I've never heard anything like that about Phil - do any internet sleuths know if that's true or just conjecture?

I've heard the same thing about Phil. I know that he is pretty much universally hated on tour.

Clearly I'm not a doctor, but he has serious addiction issues, and it doesn't take a psychologist to know that his apologies lack remorse or any sense of culpability whatsoever.

Back