• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tiger gets pinched

This girl I used to work with was a big Tiger fan and didn't turn on him in the aftermath of the affairs scandal. She specifically didn't like Phil Mickelson though because she claimed he was the same way and routinely is cheating on his wife, but it's just not public knowledge. I've never heard anything like that about Phil - do any internet sleuths know if that's true or just conjecture?

I almost posted this earlier and this isn't in relation to Phil. But several years before Elin took a golf club to Tiger's window, I had a girl/friend who was visiting Orlando to see another girl/friend. In walks Tiger to the bar they were at. Tiger was not shy about making advances on one of them and this was definitely while he was married. When my friend told me this, it was years before we had heard anything about Tiger in such a way so I was surprised. However, on the morning that the news broke about Elin breaking his window and his car crashing, I knew exactly what had happened.

Bkf has absurd posts. But he's right that Tiger's issues were years in the making. And there's no reason to try to bring Nicklaus down in the mud.

Tiger's got issues, man. Major issues. It's an amazing fall from grace. My theory is he was just a geeky kid lorded over by Earl and never had much luck with females. Earl himself apparently was a bit of a lady's man. Once Tiger reached a certain level of fame, doors opened to him that weren't there before, and he was like a kid in a candy shop. Once Earl passed, Tiger lost that person telling him where to be and what to do and started to seek out the military training. He started gaining muscle weight and overcame the skinny geeky kid he was before. Somewhere along the way, he just lost himself. In the policecam footage, Tiger is pretty massive. (I know he had already been muscular but the injuries have apparently not stopped him from working out.) I'll be surprised if he ever competes seriously again.

Last edited:
That's really ridiculous and totally BS.

Here's the definition of sociopath: a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

The guy was a horn dog like many people with power. That's all we know about him. He didn't commit any crimes (other than this DUI). He hasn't shown a "lack of conscience".

You are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the line.

looks like you've found a new custom title

Antisocial Personality Disorder

The Antisocial Personality Disorder* is characterized by a pervasive pattern of disregard for the rights of other people that often manifests as hostility and/or aggression. Deceit and manipulation are also central features.

In many cases hostile-aggressive and deceitful behaviors may first appear during childhood.

These children may hurt or torment animals or people.
They may engage in hostile acts such as bullying or intimidating others.
They may have a reckless disregard for property such as setting fires.
They often engage in deceit, theft, and other serious violations of standard rules of conduct.
When this is the case, Conduct Disorder (a juvenile form of Antisocial Personality Disorder) may be an appropriate diagnosis.
Conduct Disorder is often considered the precursor to an Antisocial Personality Disorder.

In addition to reckless disregard for others, they often place themselves in dangerous or risky situations.
They frequently act on impulsive urges without considering the consequences. This difficulty with impulse control results in loss of employment, accidents, legal difficulties, and incarceration.

Persons with Antisocial Personality Disorder typically do not experience genuine remorse for the harm they cause others. However, they can become quite adept at feigning remorse when it is in their best interest to do so (such as when standing before a judge).

They take little to no responsibility for their actions. In fact, they will often blame their victims for "causing" their wrong actions, or deserving of their fate. The aggressive features of this personality disorder make it stand out among other personality disorders as individuals with this disorder take a unique toll on society.

A psychologist friend of mine told me years ago that Tiger would ultimately get addicted to prescription drugs to his personality and his willingness to do anything to play high-level golf again.

Clearly I'm not a doctor, but he has serious addiction issues, and it doesn't take a psychologist to know that his apologies lack remorse or any sense of culpability whatsoever.

He's taken full responsibility for what caused his divorce and apologized for this event. WTF are you talking about?

He's taken full responsibility for what caused his divorce and apologized for this event. WTF are you talking about?

Just because he has said he takes full responsibility doesn't mean he means it. It just means he understand that's what he is supposed to say when he's caught.

There was no remorse at all during his "apology" interview.

I've heard the same thing about Phil. I know that he is pretty much universally hated on tour.

Hahaha you are way off base. How would you "know" that? Phil's public image is completely overblown, but he's a well-liked guy on tour. He's buddies with a lot of the younger guys (Rickie, Jordan, DJ, Keegan, etc.) and they often play fun, competitive team matches (for serious $) during practice rounds.

There are a lot of rumors about Phil and Amy being swingers, and even Phil having an illegitimate black child. No clue if they are true. I do know at least one girl who he put the moves on at Winged Foot when she was in college. None of that means he's "universally hated".

Just because he has said he takes full responsibility doesn't mean he means it. It just means he understand that's what he is supposed to say when he's caught.

It is time to let Hillary Clinton go.

You are way out of line here.

No doubt that Tiger has issues, but he has plenty of company among tour players that have or had (without remorse) side action. Lots of it.

This girl I used to work with was a big Tiger fan and didn't turn on him in the aftermath of the affairs scandal. She specifically didn't like Phil Mickelson though because she claimed he was the same way and routinely is cheating on his wife, but it's just not public knowledge. I've never heard anything like that about Phil - do any internet sleuths know if that's true or just conjecture?

Phil is a degenerate gambler. Hadn't heard about philandering. But there had been rumors before Amy got cancer that they might be splitting up - I thought it might have been because of the gambling. But then she got cancer and he became father and husband of the year in the media. As for his popularity on tour, there seem to be a lot of younger guys who like Phil, so I'm guessing he's more popular now than he was 10-20 years ago.

And agree with others that Tiger is no sociopath. His mistake was getting married too young. He wasn't a ladies man at all before becoming famous and was reportedly quite awkward with women. Then after his dad died, he went nuts. If he had been more self aware at the time, he shouldn't have gotten married and could have played the field like Derek Jeter - then maybe settle down in his late 30s or 40s.

Back