• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tiger King Mafia Signup - Signup Closed

Check out this butthurt writeup from Feb. 2017. Everything changes; nothing changes:

Game setup: 13 players, 8 civs, 3 mafia on team A, 1 mafia on team B, 1 indy. Any additional players (up to 2) are vanilla civs.

MAFIA A
MAFIA GF - You are the Toogs/Eagles fake mason claim play. You’re so fucking legendary that any investigation into your alignment will return “not guilty/Good guy.” Everyone else in the game is just fucking weaksauce. Someone is looking for you.
MAFIA A 2 - You are Nonny. You’re pretty much mafia. You should be obvious about it when you can, because you’re absolutely shit at the game when you’re mafia. Any day in which you post “I am mafia” (it can be woven into a larger post, extra points for an acrostic), you get a one-shot RB. They are bankable, but it’s up to you to keep track of that – you can use as many as you want on any given night.
MAFIA A 3 - You are Rommy's poetry. You are a mafia-aligned mason that gains a rotating power each night, but your debilitating narcissism means that the power is only usable on yourself (if you're alive on day 3, start back at the beginning - powers can be banked): one-shot self-investigation, one-shot self-vig, one-shot self-watcher.
[HIDDEN: Rommy can be recruited by Mafia B, but will stay in Mafia A’s chat. If recruited, post in the night writeup, “At night, Mafia B recruited a player.”]

MAFIA B
MAFIA B 1 – You are Ryala. Brown people have to play alone, but we’ll make it separate but equal. Each night you get to look for a teammate. Spoiler: it’s fucking Rommy, because he’s the only one with the sack to drop the N bomb in thread.

INDY
You are PhDeac's inflated sense of self-worth. Indy snowflake. On any given night, you can kill yourself. If you do, you’ll eliminate one player from each faction remaining (and 2 players from the largest faction remaining). You win if, when you kill yourself, you make it so the game is a tie or worse for the remaining factions. Example: 2 civs, 1 mafia A, and 1 mafia B remain at the end of a day – you elect to fucking kill yourself during night – as a result, 2 civs, 1 mafia A, and 1 mafia are killed in the lolercaust. Because your power could result in enormous amounts of butthurt if you’re alive at the end of the game, I’m going to give you a 1 shot BPV. Meaning that the first night kill targeted at you will fail (but not if you kill yourself). You have to choose which night your BPV is used, so get lucky and shit. Also, you killing yourself will be the first night action that happens that night, and will probably cancel all other night actions. I dunno, we’ll see when we get there.

CIV ROLES
You are Knight, GF Hunter – literally the best player the game has ever seen. You’re basically god in this game, but you’re going to step down and fuck with the plebs. You’re the only one smart enough to catch the Toogs/Eagles fake mason play, so you’re a GF hunter looking for that. I didn’t even have to send you this role, because – fuck, you’re like amazing and shit. Wow. Just so great. Such splendor. Get TiC and Gouda to jack you off in thread. It’ll be nice.

You are Gouda's drinking problem. Civ. Once during the game, you can submit a single sentence of no more than 10 words and no less than 5 words to the mod. The mod will tell you if that sentence is true or false. You will receive the mod answer two nights after you submit the sentence - as you probably slept/skied/fucked your way through the first night.

You are Gooner's chances of landing a job out of law school. Vanilla civ.

You are Tejas' faux-edgelord persona. Civ. Once per night, you can track a player's actions. However, you have to call them a "pussy beaner" the following day before you disclose the results of your track. Keep in mind, everyone has already seen this role, so you’re going to be totally shitmixed by the mafia as soon as you post. I’m a merciful god, so you can know that there’s an BG to protect you, as long as they remember to submit night moves. You should probably make that clear in thread, dumbass.

You are Manning/Jhawk – fuckin’ A you rule. You’re constantly white knighting up the thread. In this game you function as a bodyguard. Pick a player each night to protect. If mafia comes at them, you’ll kill the mafia and go down fighting.

You are smidge – whew lad. I suggest that you just play dumb. Really dumb. If you get 4 players to call you some variation of “retarded” or “functionally retarded” in thread, you’ll get the power to drool on yourself. Oh, wait, you’ve already got that. Bonilla civ.

You are BYM. Everyone thinks you are just fucking terrible at the game. I don’t think you’re half-bad. You can be the cop, because fuck everyone else.

You are Chic. Vanilla civ. Try to do a little better than she does.

You are Tim. Vanilla civ. Try to be as funny as he is. You’ll fail, because you suck, but at least try.

You are Doofus. Vanilla civ. Just scream about how no one likes you or something.

So...umm...guys, I was going through my old documents...and I found the LOTR's game.

Last time I ran it, we had 35 players (thread ended at over 150 pages). Thoughts on whether we can reach that number? Rommy, etc. is there another board we can pull from?

So...umm...guys, I was going through my old documents...and I found the LOTR's game.

Last time I ran it, we had 35 players (thread ended at over 150 pages). Thoughts on whether we can reach that number? Rommy, etc. is there another board we can pull from?

That was an epic game. I believe townie is also writing a LOTR game?

That was an epic game. I believe townie is also writing a LOTR game?

Oh shit, I didn't know. Maybe we can co-mod.

I have no fucking clue how I modded this game solo. All 35 roles are unique. Just fucking bananas. At this point, I think I'd need to take two days of annual leave to mod it properly. From my recollection, the game ended on a Friday afternoon from a Monday 10am start and 3 game days a day + majos.

That was the game with that post from rommy, correct?

Back