• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TNF: Browns At Steelers

Yeah they showed Colt's face up close after he got put back in when he was taking the shotgun snap a couple times and he just looked out of it, glassy eyes and everything. He was only out for two plays and they were taping his hand for a lot of that time so I don't see how they could've properly determined whether he had a concussion. I caught an elbow to the head when I played basketball in high school and the concussion tests I got took at least 10 minutes where I had to remember and recite some phrase in addition to a couple other things. I hope the NFL tests don't consist of "what is your name?" and "how many fingers am I holding up?"

it doesn't. browns clearly screwed this up. you have to give them a few phrases to remember, come back in 10 or so minutes and have him remember the phrases. and that is only one part of the test. there is no way they did a proper concussion test in the two plays he was out.

steelers get around this by saying a player had concussion like symptoms instead of a concussion so they don't have to go to an independent doctor to get approved to play.

I'm still amazed at that Harrison hit. It wasn't one of those bang-bang, quick plays where I feel bad for the safety who couldn't change the hit soon enough. Harrison just headhunted against a slow, upright player.

Seriousl - I understand wanting to make a big hit, but why go for the head? Why not just pop McCoy in the stomach or without leading with your own head? All Harrison has to do is do something else with his helmet.

Really a terrible hit. It's exactly the kind the league needs to remove. The fines don't seem to be working... maybe a suspension is needed eventually?

Apparently a 1 or 2-game ban is potentially in the cards.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...ittsburgh-steelers-james-harrison-source-says

It would be completely deserved. Harrison should really stop making comments about this. It just makes him appear clueless.

Back