• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TOB's bullshit "players love BZ story" rebuttal...rant/diatribe/own story

On TOB the Op also states that CMM is real well spoken, not like most other athletes. It's worth a read.

Great story! Thanks for sharing

Here are his exact words... "CMM is a genuine, down to earth guy who spoke proper, understandable English....unlike many others I've seen on TV"

Of course, if the rebuttal story and Baby are correct, CMM isn't being genuine at all on this particular issue.

Saying the right thing? Sure. But not genuine here.

Do you see racism in everything?

For some people on the boards, the answer to that question is a resounding yes. But then, those people have an unusual ability to ferret out racism in anything the rest of us post. It is their special gift. And like anyone with a special gift will tell you, they have an obligation to put their gift use, pointing out racist comments and helping make us better people in the process. Like them.

It is a heavy cross to bear.

Of course, if the rebuttal story and Baby are correct, CMM isn't being genuine at all on this particular issue.

#Wellman

Wait, no. Although Ron is not genuine, he does not say the right thing.

Im trying to think of the last time I heard a person, white or black, refer to a non-black athlete/recruit as "well spoken". Off the top of my head I cant think of a single instance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So it's wrong to say and do the right thing?

You can most certainly be genuine and not slam your coach in public. I would hope that CMM would not throw Bz under the bus. As long as Bz is his coach he should stand up for him and defend him. That is what he is paid to do.

So the OP committed a recruiting violation while stumbling through the Wake Mart. Yet half this board wants to treat him like Caesar marching into Rome because he had some dirt on Wellman. Unbelievable.

So the OP committed a recruiting violation while stumbling through the Wake Mart. Yet half this board wants to treat him like Caesar marching into Rome because he had some dirt on Wellman. Unbelievable.

Recruiting violation?

It's not a recruiting violation. They're already Wake players.

Now scurry back to the other board where you can get all the "all is well" nonsense that you want

It's not a recruiting violation. They're already Wake players.

Now scurry back to the other board where you can get all the "all is well" nonsense that you want

Fair point on the first half of your post. Poor choice of words on my part. But my point stands.

The second half of the post epitomizes all thats wrong with this board. Any info that supports the 'Bz bad. Wellman worse." tribal mindset around here Is hailed as unassailable while those who cast doubts are labeled os other board kook aid drinkers. Sad state of affairs.

Fair point on the first half of your post. Poor choice of words on my part. But my point stands.

The second half of the post epitomizes all thats wrong with this board. Any info that supports the 'Bz bad. Wellman worse." tribal mindset around here Is hailed as unassailable while those who cast doubts are labeled os other board kook aid drinkers. Sad state of affairs.

Hell, I've seriously contemplated walking onto campus handing out $100 bills to any basketball player I see and then reporting myself in the hopes that it would cause a scandal resulting in Bzz being fired.

Wake athletics is a sad state of affairs. There's nothing wrong with these boards, it's your typical sports message board. Maybe not your cup of tea. But to wander over here and act like the message board is the problem makes you look like a fool. And for the record, you won't find many people over here calling Buzz bad. He's fucking awful. There's plenty of evidence that he sucks, and you really have to look through Ronnie's special edition black and gold sunglasses to find anything marginally positive to say about him.

I was just following your lead, except in the opposite direction. If information backing Wellman is OK, then information against him should be too.

I'd love to have a constructive debate about [Redacted] and Wellman, and I certainly won't reject out of hand any substantive argument you'd make on their behalf. But so far you've hardly offered that

Last edited:
Wake athletics is a sad state of affairs. There's nothing wrong with these boards, it's your typical sports message board. Maybe not your cup of tea. But to wander over here and act like the message board is the problem makes you look like a fool. And for the record, you won't find many people over here calling Buzz bad. He's fucking awful. There's plenty of evidence that he sucks, and you really have to look through Ronnie's special edition black and gold sunglasses to find anything marginally positive to say about him.

You know it's bad when the only positives about Bz are stated in hypotheticals or rely on clearly false assumptions. I cannot imagine a legitimate or constructive debate about Bz at this point: there is nothing to debate and but a few remain who hope against hope. No doubt that is unusual, but so is Bz and this situation.

Reactions: TBR

I've tried every possible way to justify and come to terms with Wellman and [Redacted] but there is just no logical evidence to support the fact that [Redacted] is suited for his job or that Wellman is justified in keeping him around. I am beyond hating either of them, I'm apathetic at this point.

Any pro-Bz story just reeks of intentional placement and feels contrived. I have not heard one authentic story of Bz support in his entire time at Wake.

There is a group on the OB that equate realism about the state of the program with disloyalty. They are really sanctimonious about it too.

Back