• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Today I Quit WFU Athletics

KVegasDeac

Reaction score
I sent the following email to Ron Wellman:

Dear Mr. Wellman,

Really?

Sincerely,

A Former Supporter of WFU Athletics

And with that, I have quit WFU athletics. I cannot and will not support Ron Wellman and his stupidity. I will always support the student athletes 100%, but I refuse to care about an athletic department that does not care about the players representing MSD or the students, alumni and fans who show up, spend $$$$, and waste hours watching a shit show on the football field or basketball court.

We have good athletes. We have incompetent leaders.

I will be back when someone decides enough it enough and cleans house. Until then, I will not spend another dime on WFU athletics.

I really hate it for the kids. They spend countless hours working so hard and have put their careers and total faith in a staff to develop and lead them. They just deserve so much better.

Then, after some incompetent coach chewing on their asses for an entire week of practice, these kids run onto a field with 15,000 people and a smattering of applause. Not blaming the fans in the least. Just a shame that Wellman and this crowd really have no interest in doing much of anything but drawing a damn paycheck.

Just a pitiful state of affairs.

Last edited:
I cannot remember the last time I cheered for Wake Forest. I've laughed at the ineptitude, sure...but cheer for them? No clue.

gxOWmQW.gif

Well now where are we gonna get our INSIDER INFO?

I miss living and dying on wake football games.

Last edited:
Between Wake football, Panthers football, and Georgia losing in week 1, I don't have much going on this fall on the weekend besides the kid's soccer games. I might glance at the Wake game occasionally if some idiot wants to put it on TV. I'll record the Panthers games and watch them in an hour. I'll keep watching Georgia until their shot at a national championship completely evaporates. Hopefully Ohio State, Clemson, FSU, Louisville, and Oregon and Stanford will lose. Yeah, football season is over for me.

Because basketball is going to suck too I guess my weekends are free until about this time next year.

Because basketball is going to suck too I guess my weekends are free until about this time next year.

We're going to be good at football next year?

I sent the following email to Ron Wellman:

Dear Mr. Wellman,

Really?

Sincerely,

A Former Supporter of WFU Athletics

And with that, I have quit WFU athletics. I cannot and will not support Ron Wellman and his stupidity. I will always support the student athletes 100%, but I refuse to care about an athletic department that does not care about the players representing MSD or the students, alumni and fans who show up, spend $$$$, and waste hours watching a shit show on the football field or basketball court.

We have good athletes. We have incompetent leaders.

I will be back when someone decides enough it enough and cleans house. Until then, I will not spend another dime on WFU athletics.

^^^^ I wonder if Ron has said the same thing to Jeffy some time in the last 3 years.

Back