• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Today I Quit WFU Athletics

when did this living and dying on wake football games happen? Did 2-3 years of success amidst 100 years of futility really have us caring about football?

It took me a while, but I've had it as well. That shit souffle that was Saturday's game finally did me in. Trust me, I was at Wake in the early 70's and saw enough bad football to last a lifetime.

The current scenario is different, and to a significant degree, worse. I simply do not feel that I'm a part of Wake Forest Athletics anymore. Everyone knows that football and basketball are in the shitter, except the people in charge. Wellman is an arrogant fool, who refuses to listen to the fan base. Bzzz is just a fuckin' loser, and a supreme dickhead as well. And I think Grobe's time has come and gone. I didn't see any energy in that football team on Saturday...that is coaching.

As much as I hate to say this, I also don't feel like this is the Wake Forest University that I once loved. It's probably just my feeling, but Hatch is aloof and trying to make us into a school that we endeavoured NOT to be. Writing these words truly makes me sad.

I cannot remember the last time I cheered for Wake Forest. I've laughed at the ineptitude, sure...but cheer for them? No clue.

Are you a fan of Wake Forest? Are you an alumni? If you are either I don't understand how or why you would stop cheering for the teams.

I don't tie my moods to the ups and downs of the teams like I used to, I am disgusted by the coaches in charge right now, I don't plan my schedule around Wake games like I used to.... all understandable. But, if they are on TV and I am watching, or if I do attend a game, I am certainly cheering hard for them to win.

when did this living and dying on wake football games happen? Did 2-3 years of success amidst 100 years of futility really have us caring about football?

There were far more than 2-3 years of success. From the time Grobe stepped on campus, he started building something that we could be proud of and get behind. What he has done since 2009 is a different story.

Heck, even 2 years before Grobe we had the Aloha Bowl season.

+1000

It took me a while, but I've had it as well. That shit souffle that was Saturday's game finally did me in. Trust me, I was at Wake in the early 70's and saw enough bad football to last a lifetime.

The current scenario is different, and to a significant degree, worse. I simply do not feel that I'm a part of Wake Forest Athletics anymore. Everyone knows that football and basketball are in the shitter, except the people in charge. Wellman is an arrogant fool, who refuses to listen to the fan base. Bzzz is just a fuckin' loser, and a supreme dickhead as well. And I think Grobe's time has come and gone. I didn't see any energy in that football team on Saturday...that is coaching.

As much as I hate to say this, I also don't feel like this is the Wake Forest University that I once loved. It's probably just my feeling, but Hatch is aloof and trying to make us into a school that we endeavoured NOT to be. Writing these words truly makes me sad.

I sent the following email to Ron Wellman:

Dear Mr. Wellman,

Really?

Sincerely,

A Former Supporter of WFU Athletics

And with that, I have quit WFU athletics. I cannot and will not support Ron Wellman and his stupidity. I will always support the student athletes 100%, but I refuse to care about an athletic department that does not care about the players representing MSD or the students, alumni and fans who show up, spend $$$$, and waste hours watching a shit show on the football field or basketball court.

We have good athletes. We have incompetent leaders.

I will be back when someone decides enough it enough and cleans house. Until then, I will not spend another dime on WFU athletics.

I hope you cc'd our incompetent President...

Last edited:
Heck, even 2 years before Grobe we had the Aloha Bowl season.

True. I was headed back into town the day of the GT game and listening to it on the radio. I got off of 52 and came through downtown at the perfect time to ride along behind the crowd walking the goal posts back to campus. That's a decade of experiences that had me living and dying Wake football.

Last edited:
post-9435-Ron-Swanson-Don-t-Even-Care-gi-1FqM.gif

Are you a fan of Wake Forest? Are you an alumni? If you are either I don't understand how or why you would stop cheering for the teams.

I don't tie my moods to the ups and downs of the teams like I used to, I am disgusted by the coaches in charge right now, I don't plan my schedule around Wake games like I used to.... all understandable. But, if they are on TV and I am watching, or if I do attend a game, I am certainly cheering hard for them to win.

No, I just post on a Wake Forest message board because I like the theater, obviously.

It's frustrating when your team sucks. It's incredibly frustrating when you have senior leadership and your team sucks. I hope '13 football isn't a preview of '15-'16 bball...we suck for three straight years and then we have a chance of not sucking the fourth year.

At least our bball recruits only stayed for the first half of ULM.

Back