• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Today I Quit WFU Athletics

tumblr_mdsq2vAXrU1rskga0o1_r1_400.gif

Adlai Stevenson was asked how he felt after losing the 1952 election. In replying he borrowed a line from Lincoln: "It hurt too much to laugh, and I am too big to cry."
That could serve as an indication of how I feel about Wake Forest athletics (at this point in time).
I am not a Wake Forest graduate. I am a Wake Forest follower to the exclusion of all others. All my eggs are in just one basket, and several of those eggs have been broken, and, frankly, my dear, are making a hell of a mess in my basket.
I am not an insider, nor do I know any such person. As pecking orders go, I am not even on page 27. Simply put, I would like to see someone do something about a worsening situation, and I'm not even particular who it is. If someone must be asked to leave, so be it.

I'm planning on going to the game on Saturday because West Point is beautiful in the fall and I've never been to a game there. The fact that Wake is playing is just a coincidence. That's kinda sad.

It's frustrating when your team sucks. It's incredibly frustrating when you have senior leadership and your team sucks. I hope '13 football isn't a preview of '15-'16 bball...we suck for three straight years and then we have a chance of not sucking the fourth year.

At least our bball recruits only stayed for the first half of ULM.

That kid verballed to Vandy hours after his visit.

Back