• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Today was the first day recreational marijuana legally for sale in Colorado

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score

57cf8647-a91e-4f87-9e01-1eb7508adb4f-280x420.jpeg

After Washington, Alaska may follow suit later this year, with activists then targeting Arizona, California, Nevada and Maine, said Mason Tvert, director of communications for the Marijuana Policy Project. “Making marijuana legal for adults is not an experiment. Prohibition was the experiment and the results were abysmal,” he told a press conference.
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jan/01/colorado-first-recreational-marijuana-sales

“Making marijuana legal for adults is not an experiment. Prohibition was the experiment and the results were abysmal."

Great quote.

Hope other states see the $$$$$ and hop on.

I fully expect Colorado football recruiting to improve.

#gopuffserbuffs

Hilarious that there are so many cameras at Denver's Discreet Dispensary.

Looking down the road... who will be the last state to legalize it? Alabama? South Carolina? Gotta be in the southeast, right?

Maybe Utah?

Otherwise, yea, something southern.

It will snow in August here in Alabama before weed becomes legal. As a matter of fact, my local news interviewed a state senator about this yesterday. This particular state senator, Arthur Orr, is a graduate of Wake Forest. He stated that "people will come to regret the social costs of marijuana legalization". "You will have a bunch of people who would rather stay home and get high than go to work".

What a tool.

I mean, I would rather stay home and get high than go to work.

But the legalization of weed wouldn't change anything about me going to work, being a responsible member of society, etc.

It will spread quickly once conservatives realize that they get to tax something they don't do and those paying the taxes are just happy its legal.

i really should look into weed distribution. there needs to be a three tier system, not just farm to store. these ain't tomatoes, motherfucker.

can you imagine being a lobbyist for BIG WEED

i really should look into weed distribution. there needs to be a three tier system, not just farm to store. these ain't tomatoes, motherfucker.

can you imagine being a lobbyist for BIG WEED

why?

Back