• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Today was the first day recreational marijuana legally for sale in Colorado

In completely unrelated news, Snoop Lion & Nabisco production factories are both moving to Colorado.

I wonder if these guys are paying less or more for weed now

I don't know about right now, but most forecasts I've seen suggest the legal price will go down considerably over time from the black market price. It will be interesting to watch. The bad news for consumers is that the black market has established a really high "value" on something that is relatively cheap and risk free to produce now that it's legal to do so. And taxes will probably shoot up as politicians make note of that gap and look to take advantage of it.

It's unbelievably cheap to grow after industrial setup costs of lights, hydro setups, etc. The plants grow like weeds...

The higher street prices were a function of middlemen and risk, most often.

I would think that effective tax rates could be really high and the price would still be lower than street prices.

I don't know about right now, but most forecasts I've seen suggest the legal price will go down considerably over time from the black market price. It will be interesting to watch. The bad news for consumers is that the black market has established a really high "value" on something that is relatively cheap and risk free to produce now that it's legal to do so. And taxes will probably shoot up as politicians make note of that gap and look to take advantage of it.
The initial price is really high, higher than the black market, but I think it'll gradually come down.

Isn't the tax rate in CO on it like 25%

Seems like the real savings will be in having plants in your home.

That's my plan when it becomes legal in NC. I would grow a few plants a year for personal use. The price now compared to when I was in school in the 80s is crazy. Of course the weed now is much better quality or so I've heard.

The initial price is really high, higher than the black market, but I think it'll gradually come down.

It will be a volatile business to get involved in until the price settles down. I guess you build your business model on much, much lower prices and just enjoy the crazy high prices in the beginning knowing that it's probably not sustainable.

That's my plan when it becomes legal in NC. I would grow a few plants a year for personal use. The price now compared to when I was in school in the 80s is crazy. Of course the weed now is much better quality or so I've heard.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

I'll try to keep it simple, but it will create tens of thousands of jobs, allow the producers to focus on their product rather than worry about deliveries, and allow some products to become national brands.

*I am assuming that there will be many weed dispensaries and eventually regular stores will carry the product

chupes first reefer store in oh sweet is gonna be so fucking great. music? Unparalleled. Other stuff? Also great. And hot chicks. His GIRLFRIEND supervising the cooks making omlettes and such for the stoners. then when the noobs wise up he will expand into upstairs psychedelics section yes yes

eta: on further review rubbins advise downstairs psychedelics section

Last edited:
I wonder if these guys are paying less or more for weed now

From what the news is saying it costs more than before legalization. When I visited in August, bros were getting $9/gram. That is redunk cheaper. So not sure. Maybe costs have gone up as a result of it no longer being medicinal.

the receipt in the slide show showed a price of $40 for an eighth. assuming that is the high quality stuff, not too bad.....

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/01/02/marijuana-overdoses-kill-37-in-colorado-on-first-day-of-legalization/?fb_action_ids=586381321434848&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=[565788636838974]&action_type_map=[%22og.likes%22]&action_ref_map

Colorado is reconsidering its decision to legalize recreational pot following the deaths of dozens due to marijuana overdoses.

According to a report in the Rocky Mountain News, 37 people were killed across the state on January 1st, the first day the drug became legal for all adults to purchase. Several more are clinging onto life in local emergency rooms and are not expected to survive.

"It's complete chaos here," says Dr. Jack Shepard, chief of surgery at St. Luke's Medical Center in Denver, "I've put five college students in body bags since breakfast and more are arriving every minute.

Back