• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Today was the first day recreational marijuana legally for sale in Colorado

CNN Poll: Support for legal marijuana soaring
In a major turnaround from past decades, a majority of Americans support legalizing marijuana, according to a new poll.

The CNN/ORC International survey released Monday also indicated that the number of people who say smoking pot is morally wrong has plunged.

Fifty-five percent of those questioned nationally said marijuana should be made legal, with 44% disagreeing.

The CNN/ORC findings are similar to a Gallup poll conducted in October.
"There are big differences on age, region, party ID, and gender, with senior citizens, Republicans, and Southerners the only major demographic groups who still oppose the legal use of pot," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.

Two-thirds of those 18 to 34 said marijuana should be legal, with 64% of those 34 to 49 in agreement.

Half of those 50 to 64 believe marijuana should be legal, but that number dropped to 39% for those age 65 and older.

Support stood at 60% in the Northeast, 58% in the West, 57% in the Midwest, but just 48% in the South. Sixty-two percent of Democrats and 59% of Independents, but just 36% of Republicans, backed legalizing marijuana. Fifty-nine percent of men but just 51% of women supported making pot legal.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/06/cnn-poll-support-for-legal-marijuana-soaring/

Seems like old people, Republicans, and Southerners are pretty big demographic groups.

Seems like old people, Republicans, and Southerners are pretty big demographic groups.

agree but old peeps want ganj for meds, pub tent is shrinking, and southerners like ganj too unless they're super religious, listen to rap or country or folk

old people, republicans, and southerners are like essentially the same thing.

The 51% of women vs 59% of men is the surprising stat to me since it's nationwide.

I dont care what your individual feels are on marijuana, this is an amazing story highlighting the possibilities of using medical marijuana in the future.
eb1bedc1b4b33d6858005b10541217b38bfe6299abe4b3502a528619e19327d2.jpg

I've watched the documentary about Charlotte's Web. The strain they grow is low in THC but high in the active ingredient that helps her. It's a powerful video. The parent's are not weed culture folks. It is a true miracle for them and changed the whole family's lives. Very cool.

pretty much legal in cali now

i think there are more dispensaries than starbucks in LA now

well compared to cali street prices. i can get an ounce of very high grade bud (girl scout cookies or the like) for 200 off the street. it costs like 50 an eighth in the stores. in dc if i could find that quality id be paying 75 though.

Yeah. I assume that I'd be paying more but getting better quality. If I were so inclined.

A group in Florida is trying to get medical marijuana on the ballot and a well know (super rich) attorney is spending a ton of money trying to get the necessary signatures.

The AG Pam Bondi is trying to keep it off claiming that the proposed language in the petition is vague and misleading.

At the very least I want it on the ballot. Whenever I go to the court house or any sort of event (Jags, festivals, etc) there are people with the petition.

i also think part of the reason the street stuff is cheaper is because of the existence of medical here. so i think you see it drive down the cost on the whole but more so on the stuff from the street.

the amount of pot you can possess to plant ratio is always crazy.

Back