• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tokyo Olympics

Ditto.
Also amazing that the world record stood for 30 years until last night.

He broke the 30-year-old world record about a month ago (in European qualifying, maybe?), and then shattered it again last night. The 2nd-place finisher (Benjamin) from the United States also beat the WR by about a half-a-second, and still lost. Incredible race indeed.

He broke the 30-year-old world record about a month ago (in European qualifying, maybe?), and then shattered it again last night. The 2nd-place finisher (Benjamin) from the United States also beat the WR by about a half-a-second, and still lost. Incredible race indeed.

Even the bronze medalist broke the 30 year old Olympic record.

Even the bronze medalist broke the 30 year old Olympic record.

As an example of how crazy a 45.94 400m hurdle is, the ACC record for the 400m (no hurdles) is 45.24.

SEC-It-Just-Means-More.gif

As an example of how crazy a 45.94 400m hurdle is, the ACC record for the 400m (no hurdles) is 45.24.

that is a crazy fast hurdle time, and a phenomenal race, but the ACC Record for the flat 400 meters is 44.59

Holy cow the womens 400m hurdlers are almost all smoking

Holy cow the womens 400m hurdlers are almost all smoking

LOL. They’re the best athletes in the world. It’s no surprise.

Sydney McLaughlin is one of the most intense athletes I’ve ever seen especially for a 21 year old.

LOL. They’re the best athletes in the world. It’s no surprise.

Sydney McLaughlin is one of the most intense athletes I’ve ever seen especially for a 21 year old.

she never even reacted to the world record/gold medal run

A running joke my wife and I have is how much hotter the female track athletes( especially sprinters) are than the female swimmers. I would feel guilty about saying that but my wife can’t stop talking about it

I said to my wife that Gabby Thomas is very “impressive” and dropped it before further questioning occurred

I said to my wife that Gabby Thomas is very “impressive” and dropped it before further questioning occurred

I told my wife that I was a Gabby fan too. Good looking, well spoken, smart……and fast. She was ok with that.

will be interesting (maybe only to me) to see who runs the 4X400 final for the US women; could field a very strong team completely excluding the 400 meter individuals with Mu, McLaughlin, Muhammad, and Thomas/Rogers (neither of those last two have run many 400's at international meets)

women's 4X400 final is the day after the individual 400; assuming they are healthy I would think Felix and Hayes will run

Back