• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tokyo Olympics

Felix has to run the relay in her swan song.

I told my wife that I was a Gabby fan too. Good looking, well spoken, smart……and fast. She was ok with that.

I’m glad I live in a world where women like Gabby Thomas and Allyson Felix can exist.

Gabby Thomas is getting Wonder Woman comps online.

https://www.today.com/news/us-track-star-gabby-thomas-reacts-fans-calling-her-wonder-t227300

Last edited:
Don't sleep on Cole Hocker...

would love to see it. not sure Cheruiyot, Ingebrigtsen and company will allow a slow pace after Centro sat and kicked last time, and not sure Hocker has the chops, yet, for a sub-3:30, but we will see.

Anybody watching shot put finals right now?
US has some real beef and great throwers. Currently in first, second and eighth place.

I like the comparison they used. Shot put it like standing on the free throw line with a 16 pound bowling ball and shooting it to the opposite basket.

USA Men fail to qualify for the 4x100m final. Horrible.

Last edited:
I like the comparison they used. Shot put it like standing on the free throw line with a 16 pound bowling ball and shooting it to the opposite basket.

USA Men fail to qualify for the 4x100m final. Horrible.

Our 4 x 100 team is embarrassing. It’s like they never practice handoffs. They should have easily made it to the finals.

I feel like American individualism is killing American team sports. Other countries have figured out how to systematically identify and develop their best athletes (i.e. Jamaica in track, China across several sports) and/or establish teams that practice and compete together year round. The US doesn't seem to have much structure by comparison. Just show up and take the best people who didn't smoke weed in the last 30 days and put together a team at the last minute. Think about all the team sports the US used to dominate in. Feels like women's gymnastics and women's basketball and swimming relays are hanging on by a thread.

Isn’t the women’s basketball team undefeated since like the 96 Olympics or something?

What follow-up do you need? I made a simple mistake. I quickly googled the record and it was the Indoor record, not the Outdoor record.

What follow-up do you need? I made a simple mistake. I quickly googled the record and it was the Indoor record, not the Outdoor record.
I wanted to know where you got your information. And maybe an acknowledgement that you were wrong? Idk

Also, I just looked and the ACC indoor 400 meter record is 45.44 by Steven Soloman in 2018. So idk what you were looking at.

Also, I just looked and the ACC indoor 400 meter record is 45.44 by Steven Soloman in 2018. So idk what you were looking at.

You could Google acc 400m 45.24 and find the same ACC.com link from Feb 2021 that I found.

I posted the wrong info and someone corrected it. What’s the big deal? Why is that important to you?

Apparently. 32-10.

France vs. Luka and Slovenia for the right to play Team USA for the Gold on Friday at the very US friendly time of 10:30 pm EST on NBC.

Back