• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tonight's Trump Speech will be....

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
An address to Congress is such an important speech that presidents generally are careful not to stretch the truth. The “16 words” in George W. Bush’s 2003 State of the Union address that falsely claimed Iraq’s Saddam Hussein sought uranium from Africa led to significant turmoil in the administration, including the criminal conviction of a top aide.

President Trump’s maiden address to Congress was notable because it was filled with numerous inaccuracies. In fact, many of the president’s false claims are old favorites that he trots out on a regular, almost daily basis. Here’s a roundup of 13 of the more notable claims, in the order in which the president made them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-address-to-congress/?utm_term=.638825a1df3f

Shamelessly trots out the widow of a dead soldier killed because of his ego and incompetence, blames it on everyone except himself, and blatantly lies about intelligence gathered as a result of the mission. #presidential.

The bolded part is not correct. In the USA, space elects someone, not the population. Don't you understand how a federal republic works?!?

counterpoint.. executive, legislative, judicial...

counterpoint.. executive, legislative, judicial...

The executive and half the legislature are elected by space and the executive appoints the judicial, so 1+.5+1=2.5 -->2.5/3=0.83 --> 83% of the federal government is determined by space not population. Good counterpoint though, really got me thinking, but BKF has taught me that "most of the country" wanted the mess we currently have and that I should get over it, even though far more actual people voted for the Democrats.

Back