• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tonight's Trump Speech will be....

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My wife and I decided to throw our votes away on the Libertarian presidential ticket and then vote our conscience regardless of party on everything else, federal, state and local. I could not in good conscience vote for Hillary or Trump.

That's what my wife and I did. I expected a shit show regardless of who won and didn't want it on my conscience.

I don't know why anyone ever really reacts to anyone's State of the Union speeches, unless they are filled with specific policy points. (Yes, I know it technically was not a "State of the Union" speech). All they usually are is "I'm going to do this and that", and then Congress decides later what is what. I really did not like the moment with the Navy Seal mom, though. I found it self-serving and very uncomfortable to watch someone who is obviously in a lot of pain, and is also being used as a political ping pong ball.

Last edited:
I don't know why anyone ever really reacts to anyone's State of the Union speeches, unless they are filled with specific policy points. (Yes, I know it technically was not a "State of the Union" speech). All they usually are is "I'm going to do this and that", and then Congress decides later what is what. I really did not like the moment with the Navy Seal mom, though. I found it self-serving and very uncomfortable to watch someone who is obviously in a lot of pain, and is also being used as a political ping pong ball.

when she accepted the invitation she knew it would be used as a political point

Remember the good old days when the Pubs and media would criticize President Teleprompter Obama? Now, as expected, media and Pubs slobber all over Trump for reading a canned speech from a Teleprompter, a poorer speech than Obama ever gave, without shitting his pants, and he is suddenly "Presidential."#merica #blessed

Reactions: ONW

I felt this way, too. Coming from the draft-dodger in chief, it reeked of a contrived, self-serving moment (especially after shook the hands of the generals he blamed as he walked in).

I really don't mean to be rude or come across as an asshole, but I sat there wondering why she was there. I wondered if she is a Trumper, was just there to show unity despite her political beliefs, or a combination of the two. Given the dubious results, I found it puzzling she chose to be present with the death so fresh. I guess if that is me, I'm sitting that one out since the death of my spouse whom I care about greatly is still so new, and there are major question marks surrounding the raid. It just felt odd, but more power to her if she's a true believer in Trump or had more altruistic motivations.

+1. This is true. My parent's conservative friends are having hot flashes all over Facebook about his speech. They must've forgotten all the years they threw tomatoes at Obama for reading from a teleprompter.

when she accepted the invitation she knew it would be used as a political point

she also STOOD there for the entire extended round of applause when it felt like they were waiting for her to SIT DOWN.

Remember the good old days when the Pubs and media would criticize President Teleprompter Obama? Now, as expected, media and Pubs slobber all over Trump for reading a canned speech from a Teleprompter, a poorer speech than Obama ever gave, without shitting his pants, and he is suddenly "Presidential."#merica #blessed

Trump has successfully managed expectations to an all time low.

Basically it was all his shitty "policy" points with a new glossy gold finish to them. Sounds better on the surface but same crap he has been saying since before the election.

Isn't that the point of an election ... the population elects someone based on their campaign statements and then that person is supposed to try to follow through with them? Or is the current standard to just say "hope and change" eight hundred times before enacting laws to see what is in them, and hoping that someone changed them to match up with what you promised?

You have Trump on your conscience now.

I love this thought process. Those of us who didn't vote for either are supposed to have Trump on our conscience? Uhh, no. How is that any worse than if we were to have Hillary on our conscience? To me my position of having neither on my conscience is better than your position, which is having Hillary on your conscience and Trump as your president. At least I only have one of the two.

dont_blame_me_i_voted_for_deez_nuts_bumpersticker_bumper_sticker-re333922a023244e894ea8e5353106def_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

I'm surprised no one has made more of the "VOICE" line and the use of victims of immigrants. To me, that's terrifying, and is prone to incite more of this "get out of my country" stuff. Crime is crime. Do we really need a separate line for people to report that they were the victim of an immigrant?

How does one even know the criminal was an immigrant? After he robbed you or hit you on the head, did you demand to see his green card?

Last edited:

pretty sure that all he used was teleprompter. that was the critique during his campaigning as well. there is always a time and place.

pretty sure that all he used was teleprompter. that was the critique during his campaigning as well. there is always a time and place.

don't get me wrong revisionist history is fun.

I'm surprised no one has made more of the "VOICE" line and the use of victims of immigrants. To me, that's terrifying, and is prone to incite more of this "get out of my country" stuff. Crime is crime. Do we really need a separate line for people to report that they were the victim of an immigrant?

That is very fascist and nationalistic.

heres another time he could have used a teleprompter

Market is up 1% this morning alone, and 70% of Americans feel better about the direction of the country.

Speech was EPIC.

Back