• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tony Woods

Fine, you want to stick to comparing the 2 court cases (albeit retarded, I'll play along).

If Joepa came to court and pleaded guilty to harboring information and keeping known pediphiles on staff, I wouldn't turn around and say "Well, he pleaded that, but that's not what really happened"

At no point have I ever said that. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of assault on a female and he was guilty of it, no one is arguing that. You made the argument that he fractured her spine and then you posted an editorial in the N&R alleging some sort of conspiracy theory cover up, which I said I thought was ridiculous given what I know about this specific case and know about how other domestic cases are handled in the court system.

Paterno probably could be charged if not for his name and the statute of limitations

Just read this weekend that there is a statue of limitations... crazy. I think it's 20 years????

Can one of the legal experts here help me understand, is it a big deal to get a law like that changed/abolished?

Even for this board, this thread has undergone a series of very odd turns.

At no point have I ever said that. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of assault on a female and he was guilty of it, no one is arguing that. You made the argument that he fractured her spine and then you posted an editorial in the N&R alleging some sort of conspiracy theory cover up, which I said I thought was ridiculous given what I know about this specific case and know about how other domestic cases are handled in the court system.

Fair enough. Someone is arguing that he didn't hurt her spine, that she did it a few weeks earlier. That I don't believe..and that's my opinion. My point of posting the article is not the conspiracy part, but the injury part.

Good lord, believe me, I love wake forest MORE than I love Penn state (some people struggle with that concept, but whatever), I would NEVER want there to be a cover up/conspiracy of any kind.

Can one of the legal experts here help me understand, is it a big deal to get a law like that changed/abolished?

Well they're certainly not going to change it retroactively for one case, but it could cause change in the future.

Just read this weekend that there is a statue of limitations... crazy. I think it's 20 years????

That's one for lobbyists and the legislature.

Fair enough. Someone is arguing that he didn't hurt her spine, that she did it a few weeks earlier. That I don't believe..and that's my opinion. My point of posting the article is not the conspiracy part, but the injury part.

Good lord, believe me, I love wake forest MORE than I love Penn state (some people struggle with that concept, but whatever), I would NEVER want there to be a cover up/conspiracy of any kind.

Why would you believe anything reported in the editorial given the accusatory tone and obviously aggressive dialogue which it featured? Also to your defense, yes most papers said that he broke her spine but she said months after the fact that this was not the case:

"Two of the charges were eventually dropped, including the one for “inflicting serious injury.” The origin of Barbour’s back problems couldn’t be determined. She said it may have occurred when she fell out of bed at her dormitory a week earlier.

“It had been bothering me that whole weekend, even before [the altercation],” Barbour said by phone this week."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...ake_standout_woods_seeks_second_chance_051311

I'll believe Yahoo (the bastion of breaking sports news) over an editorial by a UNC fan in the N&R

Well they're certainly not going to change it retroactively for one case, but it could cause change in the future.

I read an article last week (i'll try and find it) written by a victim of Priest sex abuse scandal. He made the point that the priest who molested him is walking around a free man because the statue of limitations passed. And that limitation is a reason why many priest did not go down as well. His main point was that maybe a good could come from PSU, and that statue of limitations would be abolished for future crimes. Reading this article, you could see a damaged person through the writings...very sad.

I am thankful for PhillyDeac for rescuing me from my probably absurd post I should have kept in my head. Thanks dude. Keep fighting the dumb fight!

I was talking about failure to report which has a 2 year statute of limitations.

This is such a closed minded point of view and you have just eliminated a good number of our current student athletes. Yes it's incredibly hard to be a parent AND a student AND an athlete, but that is no reason to not give a kid a shot. Whether you know it or not, some of our favorite WF players have had kids out of wedlock while here.

Agree w Jaybone. Disagree w Stig.

Dude. Without regurgitating a discussion that went on forever, Tony's chica said the back injury came a week earlier when she fell out of a bunk bed or something like that.

Ah yes, the "I fell" rationalization by the victim. Bet they've never heard that one in reference to abuse charges.

Ah yes, the "I fell" rationalization by the victim. Bet they've never heard that one in reference to abuse charges.

Be careful Liquid...they will find your alma mater, research every problem, and assume that not only you defend the problem, but you covered it up and support the perpetrators. Then you will get a bunch of witty tags by internet tough guys and called names....again, assuming you support every wrong doing in the history or history.

Be careful Liquid...they will find your alma mater, research every problem, and assume that not only you defend the problem, but you covered it up and support the perpetrators. Then you will get a bunch of witty tags by internet tough guys and called names....again, assuming you support every wrong doing in the history or history.

Yup, the e-detectives on this board were only able to find a problem with Penn State thanks to hours of dedicated research into the program's history. An outstanding job of sleuthing to find something to shame you and your alma mater about.

I hear you, but she was a Wake student so there several reports on here or the other board from folks who knew her that said that is what really happened. The Mom-in-law was not a big Tony fan from the get go.

Your "never heard that before" theory would hold water if she had a black eye or blood nose or bruised arms or something that usually reflect a man striking a woman. This was something else. Sounded horrific in the news, but not typical of spousal abuse injuries. Talk to a cop. S/He'll tell ya

Yup, the e-detectives on this board were only able to find a problem with Penn State thanks to hours of dedicated research into the program's history. An outstanding job of sleuthing to find something to shame you and your alma mater about.

Thank you for proving my point.

Bottom line on Woods, Stewart, Terrell and Mel - they didnt belong at wake forest and that comes from a couple of professors I know who love basketball.

Bye Bye - Move on

Back