• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 15 Cities to Visit

Went there in June and thought it was fantastic. However probably only during that time of year.

Wife and I are headed there for a weekend next month. I went for a weekend while studying abroad in 06 and don't remember much from that weekend other than the city was beautiful.

Just got back from Prague last week. Incredible city.

I enjoyed Prague, Vienna, and Budapest, probably in that order, but there was a lot I didn't have time to see in Vienna. Plan on doing Salzburg, Vienna, and Budapest next summer on a completely different trip. Will definitely hit the armory in Vienna this time and the museum there. Not sure about Budapest, which I think was in many ways the most beautiful and gross city of the three. Their parliament building is just jaw dropping, especially at night.

I enjoyed Prague, Vienna, and Budapest, probably in that order, but there was a lot I didn't have time to see in Vienna. Plan on doing Salzburg, Vienna, and Budapest next summer on a completely different trip. Will definitely hit the armory in Vienna this time and the museum there. Not sure about Budapest, which I think was in many ways the most beautiful and gross city of the three. Their parliament building is just jaw dropping, especially at night.

As always, feel free to hit me up when you are in Austria and I'll try to help out with a bit of tour guiding or suggestions.

And I completely agree about Budapest, it's a terrific city and terribly interesting to visit.

As always, feel free to hit me up when you are in Austria and I'll try to help out with a bit of tour guiding or suggestions.

And I completely agree about Budapest, it's a terrific city and terribly interesting to visit.

Your suggestions last time were great and I printed them up prior to the trip and took them with us. We simply didn't have time to do them all. Kahlenberg and the park were the big ones we missed out on. Should've skipped the little river cruise we did since it was basically graffiti city, but that really didn't take a lot of time and got us off our feet at least.

We did a ton of walking in all three places, but especially Prague and Budapest. In Prague one day we went from the monastery through the castle and to that beer garden you recommended in the park, then back down the hill In Budapest, we walked across the river, up Gellert Hill, down the hill, back over the river, and through the Jewish quarter back to the hotel. We may have even done the castle that same trip. In Vienna, we stayed off Mariahilfer Strasse and walked down that shopping street to and past the Museum Quarter every day. All this, I might add, with a wife who had just found out she was pregnant before we left and couldn't drink any beer on the trip :(

Back