• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Chef All Stars (spoilers)

Also, are all the TC Fans moved to the Pit now? No mention on the Quad of it. Could this be one small step for man...

There is a certain mod who is a fan, so dunno if he'll post to himself or what

Last night was a good episode. Blais is also getting annoying, but we'll see if he can pull out the big win next week. A Restaurant Wars head-to-head finale next week should be good after this grueling season.

I really liked Blais during his season, and during the first half of this one; however, he's devolved into some sort of bipolar, paranoid, malcontent. Perhaps this is indicative of the grueling nature of this season, but it's hard to root for this personality, even though I still love watching him conceptualize and cook.

I would be happy with either one winning. I just hope it's a hell of a finale.

WORD. I am so tired of his verbal self-flagellation every freaking episode. He is so emo and awful to listen to now. I want to see who wins the season but I finished actively rooting for anyone when they kicked of my gf Carla.

Can anyone explain how Richard supposedly choked in the final of his original season?

Can anyone explain how Richard supposedly choked in the final of his original season?

don't remember it all that well, but he was considered the strongest, and was outcooked by Stephanie. He sort of apologized to the judges during the deliberations for "choking." I don't remember his food being all that bad, just not as good as usual and was just outcooked on that day. (and Stephanie was/is pretty good as well). The "choke" is probably a bit of a stretch.

He got wasted the night before the Finale and was terribly hungover when they cooked.

He cooked a decent dish but for his standards it wasn't impressive or creative, he def choked but he also screwed himself by drinking too much/partying.

This time around he's serious business, Mike really has no chance if Rich brings his A game.

although Richard was the best his season, Stephanie is no slouch. I've read that her new restaurant, The Girl and the Goat in Chicago, is one of the best new places in the country.

I think Richard will win. Mike will make a good meal, but the ceiling of his food isn't as high as Richard's and now Rich wont be held back by any challenge. He wont have to adapt his style to some other dish, he will get to make his dream restaurant. I think it will be a great Finale that Richard will dominate.

I think Mike wins tonight. Mike has been tweeting all day about the finale. Is that something you do if you lose?

Also, Mike quit his last gig after taping this season and is opening a restaurant of his own in a few weeks. Isn't the prize a couple hundred grand to open a restaurant?

All signs are pointing to a mike W tonight IMO.

I think Mike wins tonight. Mike has been tweeting all day about the finale. Is that something you do if you lose?

Also, Mike quit his last gig after taping this season and is opening a restaurant of his own in a few weeks. Isn't the prize a couple hundred grand to open a restaurant?

All signs are pointing to a mike W tonight IMO.

Blais' burger joint, Flip, is hosting a finale viewing party at Buckhead Theater tonight. I had the same, "is that something you do if you lose" thought when I heard it on the local news this morning. I think Richard takes it and I totally love him, but I agree with everyone who said his bi-polar, malcontent, general psycho-ness this season (particularly the second half) made me love him less than I did during his season.

I thought tom said there weren't going to be any twists? Not a fan of how they picked the sous chefs.

that wasn't a twist, though.
it would be a twist if they did that, then had them switch... or said 'just kidding, use your least favorite'

TEAM BLAISE, WOOOP WHOOOP!

This is the year of Atlanta baby!

Mike I + Maker's Mark = great live tv.

Back