• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Chef All Stars (spoilers)

I liked both Blaise and Mike a lot better this season than on either of their seasons and I agree Mike was WAY better than he was his first time. Definitely grown as a chef. Blaise has always been good but choked in his finale.

I think Blaise deserved to win, but sounds like both meals were pretty amazing. And Mike definitely had been dominating in the Bahamas.

Either way, I'm looking forward to trying Graffiato when it opens and would love to go to Flip (I thought I heard a rumor one was coming to DC? Like we need more burger places...I'd still go though!)

supposed to be in Penn Quarter but I've hear rumors of it for more than a year.

in more DC burger news: Bobby Flay is opening a burger place I think on K St. and Shake Shack is opening soon in Dupont. Also, they just announced that the 5 Guys at Nats Stadium closed this season and instead Shake Shack will be opening in the stadium (along with like 4 other Danny Meyer-owned places). But those won't be open for business until like June, which is weird, but should be good.

I love Richard, but FLIP is kind of disappointing.

The milkshakes are great tho, I've heard Spike's burger place is the bee's knees.

Oh and LOL that Mike I's food beat Richie's in the finale, not a chance. When Blaise has his A game, no one can touch him, except maybe the Voltaggios.

I was pissed they didnt bring back the voltaggio that lost for this season. also, thats the thing I hate about dc when something gets big like 9 million other ones open up, ohhh cupcakes are cool lets make 1000 cupcake places, oh fancy burgers are popular oh everyone make a burger place. so stupid.

I love Richard, but FLIP is kind of disappointing.

The milkshakes are great tho, I've heard Spike's burger place is the bee's knees.

Oh and LOL that Mike I's food beat Richie's in the finale, not a chance. When Blaise has his A game, no one can touch him, except maybe the Voltaggios.
Doesn't he have a Krispy Kreme milkshake? That sounds great.

I think Good Stuff (Spike's place) is good, but nothing outstanding (esp in a DC full of burger places). Spike's milkshakes are pretty damn good though. Toasted Marshmallow and Milky Way FTW! Still haven't tried his pizza place (We, the Pizza) yet but it gets decent reviews.

We, the Pizza is pretty good, but the crust needs work. It's way too crisp without being chewy enough for my tastes, plus, there is so much of it ringing the outside of the pizza. The toppings, however, are great. Love the white pizza with housemade ricotta.

yes Blaise has a krispy kreme shake that is great, his burnt marshmellow/nutella milkshake is awesome.

Also Foie Gras milkshakes...

yes Blaise has a krispy kreme shake that is great, his burnt marshmellow/nutella milkshake is awesome.

Also Foie Gras milkshakes...

The KK shake is too sweet for me, but I LOVE the burnt marshmallow and nutella shake. When Blais busted out the foie gras ice cream for his dessert, the first thing I thought of was the shake at Flip.

The Po'boyger at Flip is my fave. There are plently of options for the vegetarians/no red meat eaters.

The non-red meat burgers are the best at FLIP.

Woodfire Grill is the place to go for TOP CHEF in Atlanta, gotta love Kevin, aka Yukon Cornelius, man can slap cook.

The non-red meat burgers are the best at FLIP.

Woodfire Grill is the place to go for TOP CHEF in Atlanta, gotta love Kevin, aka Yukon Cornelius, man can slap cook.

That place is unreal

isn't he opening a new place, maybe bbq? I read that's why he wasn't on this season of TC.

He wasn't on this season of TC, because they need another Atlantan to be champion next season.

Bahahaha! NIIICE.

Yeah, the bbq joint is his dream. Haven't heard an update in about 4-5 months.

Back