• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2010/11 PL Thread

Nice buildup by Tottenham on the break, but TERRIBLE sitter miss for Defoe on an open goal.

This has been a fantastic first half. West Ham's defending has been superb. As I suspected, all of Tottenham's attack has come from the wings, but Jac and Bridge are holding against Bale and Lennon.

Defoe had the best chance of the half - missing a sitter wide after a post deflection. Carlton Cole was through with only the keeper to beat and his touch was poor.

Besides those, all of the chances for both sides have come from distance with Modric and Vdv ripping them from all over the place but never troubling Robert Green.

Tottenham has attacked well, but the Hammers defense has been spot on today.

That was a terrificly placed free kick by Bale, but Green just made one of the saves of the season. We really need a win here, almost as badly as West Ham needs the tie.

Lot of chances for Spurs in the last few minutes but superb defending from west ham.

Man of the match: Wayne Bridge

Really? I'd say Robert Green, but Bridge has played well.

I do think that if Bale were full-strength he would have gotten by Bridge about 10 mins ago.

What a match. Brilliant defense all around for the Hammers. Jac and Bridge actually handled Bale and Lennon. Upson and DaCosta solid in the center, but only really needed on the set pieces without Crouch or Pav in the game.

Modric dominated the run of play in the first half, but West Ham's midfield shut him down in the second half. Not a ton of offensive chances for the Irons, but a really solid save by Gomes on Ba and Cole should have had one early.

Story of the match is Bridge and Jac on defense, and Defoe's two sitters missed.

And that free kick save by Green wasn't bad either.

Really? I'd say Robert Green, but Bridge has played well.

I do think that if Bale were full-strength he would have gotten by Bridge about 10 mins ago.

Bridge is playing on the left. He has been defending Lennon. The three or four times Bale came across to his right, he had absolutely nothing on Bridge.

Well done Hammers, deserved the point. Kudos.

It was really a fantastic match to watch. Spurs and Hammers play the game the way it is supposed to be played. Tough draw for Spurs at home, but they had several good chances.

So, highest position on the table all season: 15th! (tied with four teams on 32 haha)

The more I think about it, the more I can't name one man of the match for Hammers. Everybody played their part today.

For Spurs, Modric gave us the most trouble and Lennon.

West Brom doing their part. Come on United's attack!

Get 6 points clear!

Back