• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2010/11 PL Thread

I get what you're saying, but I see it as more of a positive. The club and fans have been through so much with the old owners, talk even of administration, then a buffoon for their manager, their star player crocked and not wanting to be there, bad signings like Cole and Konchesky or whatever his name is, etc. Then the tide sort of turned with Dalglish, and Suarez and Carroll and the emergence of Meireles. And then that game was sort of the final test of if things were really headed back in the right direction and Pool def passed the test and the club and fans got to finally celebrate

I feel like that ramble didn't really convey what I was trying to get it to, but whatevs it's late

After that they lose one leg and draw 0-0 at home in the other against Braga. No corner was turned. They played their cup final and won then reverted back to the same crap they've been all season.

Fair play to them on the day, as I said, but that game was their season in their eyes. And that is a small time mentality. Which is a huge dropoff for LFC.

Bobby Mancini is not too happy with Crazy Mario...

"I don't think he'll be in the squad," Mancini said of the 20-year-old.

"I don't know if it was a red card or a yellow card, but when you play a game like this you should pay attention."

Mancini added: "Mario thinks he could be a fantastic player. When he does something stupid like that, it's difficult for me."

What is this thread? Quit clogging up mai boards, you bitches

:fu:

After that they lose one leg and draw 0-0 at home in the other against Braga. No corner was turned. They played their cup final and won then reverted back to the same crap they've been all season.

Fair play to them on the day, as I said, but that game was their season in their eyes. And that is a small time mentality. Which is a huge dropoff for LFC.

We'll see. I think Suarez could be like Torres last year in that if he's not playing they're complete rubbish and if he does then they have a shot against anyone. They still need a lot of investment in the team, that's for sure.

It is so damn stupid that the FA Cup semi-finals are no longer at neutral venues around England but both at Wembley instead.

citeh-United should be at the Stadium of Light or Villa Park.
Stoke-Bolton should be at Old Trafford.

No idea what the FA was thinking in making the semi-finals at the same location as the final. Craziness.

United get Bolton at OT, where we have been nearly invincible; while Arsenal have to travel to West Brom.

I'm thinking the lead increases by 2 points. I see West Brom getting a result against a mentally fractured Arsenal team.

Huge, season-altering match for the Hammers at White Hart Lane tomorrow morning.

I want six points (four at the worst) from the next three: Spurs at WHL, Man United at OT, Bolton at Reebok

Piquionne is doubtful after being tackled from behind inside the goalmouth scoring the equaliser versus Stoke last week in the Cup, but our four-goal-in-three-matches Ba will return to the squad after being rested against Stoke.

42 stays up? Could be. I think we can win three out of nine and squeak a few draws.

Come on you Irons.

6 points from 3 away games? Ambitious.

I think we have a legitimate shot at it.

Bale is questionable. Palacios is out. Huddle is out. Tottenham have conceded like six goals in their last two league matches (to Blackpool and ??) and have recently had a dip in league performance after european duty. They have Madrid on the horizon and may overlook us a bit.

Both back fours are pretty weak, but I think our strikers will be better. Defoe has been out forever. We are outclassed on the wings and I see Bridge and Jacobson getting smoked. It will be won or lost in the midfield and I think Noble, Hitz, and Scotty can at least handle VdV and Modric.

Or we could get blown out. We'll see.

I'd love for your Irons to get any type of result, but I honestly cannot even see it. Good luck, tho!

Saw reports that Hargreaves may be recalled soon...been training all week. Don't get my hopes up!
I'm going to be pissed if I miss some of the match bc I can't sleep

Well, I was right that Bale and Lennon would wreak havoc on Jac and Bridge. Smart of Tottenham to attack from the wings. Parker has had the best of Modric so far, though.

Back