• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

at least Everton sucks too. someone describe to me how Everton sucks.

We completely and utterly dominated and only drew. Nice FK goal from Sunderland, but Everton deserved 3 points. Sunderland's midfield is atrocious.

The Barry injury hurts, but it sounds like it's not broken. I'm a bit more concerned about the McCarthy injury because we can't have both members of the DM pivot hurt at the same time. Besic and Gibbo are adequate replacements at best, and they would not be great together IMO.

United have been mediocre, at best, and are still just 2 points outside of 4th and 5 points away from Man City in 3rd.

Weird season so far.

McGeady is a conundrum to me. He's on a good run of form, has good pace, plays good balls into the box, and has finally heeded Roberto's message of tracking back. He is a little one note. When he gets the ball anywhere past midfield, it's fairly clear he wants to hoof it to the end line and cross it in. Worse, when he's playing, there's no space for Coleman to run. It was so clear when McGeady was subbed off for Naismith. McGeady's biggest fault is no longer any technical aspect of his game, he just doesn't fit in the team anywhere.

We need Mirallas back. This team has so little depth, it really struggles with even a couple injuries. I hate the international break, but it is coming at a good time.

Also I think I saw the worst performance from a player in the premier league since I started following closely about 7-8 years ago. Liam Brindcutt put in one of the worst shifts in top flight football I've ever witnessed. Whatever the diametric opposite of "holding" is, that's what he did. He gave up possession as if it were his mandate. He tripped over himself no less than five times. It was embarrassing to watch. Barkley is a very good player, but he made Brindcutt look like a child.

Glen Johnson's defending over the last 5 minutes has been superb. Pretty much the only Liverpool player showing any interest in defending and is saving Liverpool's asses.

This belongs on the list of things I never would have expected DV7 to think much less write. I suppose anyone could have a good 5 minutes now and then, right?

I'm a fair man.

Glen Johnson was partially responsible for Chelsea's 2nd, btw.

He's easily the best on ball defender we have available, and it couldn't have made things worse.

Seriously, would you rather play someone out of position on the right, or play someone out of position in the center and on the right?

I'm a fair man.

Glen Johnson was partially responsible for Chelsea's 2nd, btw.

Chelsea's second falls on Coutinho imo. There's just no excuse for allowing Chelsea a free run down the wing when you're in position to break up or slow the play.

Chelsea's second falls on Coutinho imo. There's just no excuse for allowing Chelsea a free run down the wing when you're in position to break up or slow the play.

Mainly on Coutinho, but Johnson was lazy in providing help defense.

Seriously, would you rather play someone out of position on the right, or play someone out of position in the center and on the right?

Aren't we grooming Chambers for CB? And Monreal isn't a CB so technically we were already playing two people out of position and that switch would have put one player out of position for a specific purpose to stop the guy that was kicking our ass.

Last edited:
Aren't we grooming Chambers for CB? And Monreal isn't a CB so technically we were already playing two people out of position and that switch would have put one player out of position for a specific purpose to stop the guy that was kicking our ass.

I was agreeing with you.

Reactions: ONW
We completely and utterly dominated and only drew. Nice FK goal from Sunderland, but Everton deserved 3 points. Sunderland's midfield is atrocious.

The Barry injury hurts, but it sounds like it's not broken. I'm a bit more concerned about the McCarthy injury because we can't have both members of the DM pivot hurt at the same time. Besic and Gibbo are adequate replacements at best, and they would not be great together IMO.

I'm starting the rumor here: MB4 January transfer to Merseyside!

B2HfG2CCQAAP03z.jpg

Back