• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Winston-Salem's own Reagan High School (or, I guess they are located in Pfafftown, whatever) are in the state semi-finals tonight. They are hosting the game at 7pm. I heard that their stud forward got sent off vs East last game and has been suspended for 2 matches...so basically his high school career is over. Sucks for him.

I'll be going out there tonight to see if a local team can get back to the state 4A final for the first time in about 10 or so years.

Damn. Things really went to shit ever since we graduated Tabor '05.

Damn. Things really went to shit ever since we graduated Tabor '05.

Tabor got CRUSHED by Charlotte Catholic 8-0 in the 2nd round.

I thought Catholic was going to win it all, but they got knocked out this weekend in a huge upset. Catholic was just steamrolling people all year: 18-2-1 with 108 goals scored and only 14 conceded during the year. Then won 9-0, 8-0, 6-1 in the first three rounds of the playoffs before losing in OT to Hough (Reagan's opponent tonight)

Reagan beat a pretty good Garringer team that has all kinds of people from all over the world.

Winston-Salem's own Reagan High School (or, I guess they are located in Pfafftown, whatever) are in the state semi-finals tonight. They are hosting the game at 7pm. I heard that their stud forward got sent off vs East last game and has been suspended for 2 matches...so basically his high school career is over. Sucks for him.

I'll be going out there tonight to see if a local team can get back to the state 4A final for the first time in about 10 or so years.

They play Hough, which is about 5 minutes from my home and for which three of my son's club teammates play. Hough upset Charlotte Catholic this weekend with a golden goal (by a freshman) one minute from time. They were headed to penalties. Hough's keeper saved not one, but two penalties in each of the first 2 OTs. To be honest, they really could have lost in the previous round. They beat Lake Norman in penalties. Give us updates, dv7. Number 5 (defensive mid) and #7 (forward) are my son's buddies.

They play Hough, which is about 5 minutes from my home and for which three of my son's club teammates play. Hough upset Charlotte Catholic this weekend with a golden goal (by a freshman) one minute from time. They were headed to penalties. Hough's keeper saved not one, but two penalties in each of the first 2 OTs. To be honest, they really could have lost in the previous round. They beat Lake Norman in penalties. Give us updates, dv7. Number 5 (defensive mid) and #7 (forward) are my son's buddies.

Reagan won 3-1. Ethan Wells just ran the show. Surprised that he is going to UNCG, as he looks to be a very good player and I think he could play at a higher level.

The first goal was off one of his long throws (Rory Delap-esque) and his younger brother headed in from about 10 yards out. Then Reagan cleared the ball long, which they did repeatedly so it was a tactic, and the Hough keeper should have come out to claim it... instead he stayed on his line way too long and when he finally decided to come for the ball it was too late and the Reagan forward just barely outpaced his marker and flicked the ball over the keeper's head to make it 2-0. A really cheap goal to give away and honestly it was just atrocious goal keeping. Hough had a chance to make it 2-1 with a penalty kick with about 10 minutes left in the first half but #16 blasted it over after leaning back while taking the kick. 3rd goal was from another long clearance and this time it was a 1v1 where the keeper came out, stopped, went back to his line, started to come out again, stopped, and then got beaten to his near post without diving. Again, pretty awful keeping and the kid just didn't look sure of what he was doing in between the posts. Hough made it 3-1 from another penalty that was converted...forget what number took it.

#7 for Hough was their most dangerous player IMO. Gave Reagan fits in the air. If Reagan has a significant weakness it is their ability to defend high balls into the box as they apparently just can't judge the flight of the ball. Their LB is also weak.

#5 for Hough did well, but was hard for him to have much influence on the match as Ethan Wells was also in midfield and just dictated play. #5 had some influence in the final 10 minutes after the goal gave Hough some extra energy to press forward for a 2nd. Ethan was just flat out better than anybody else on the park at all times. Reminded me a bit of Ben Newnam from East Forsyth/Wake in that he as all action in the midfield and never stopped being around the ball no matter where it was on the pitch.

In all honesty, I'm not sure how Hough made it so far in the playoffs. Just not a very impressive team with lots of players not being able to control the ball on their first touch at all. I'm floored that they beat Charlotte Catholic.

Thanks for the update. Having seen Hough a number of times, I was shocked as well that they beat Catholic. Like most HS teams, though, they have 3 or 4 quality players surrounded by 7 or 8 marginally good ones. #5 is actually a RB by trade, but plays MF for Hough. #7 is as you said dangerous, but was battling a lower back injury and I'm not sure he was 100%. I'm not surprised at all that Reagan dominated. Good luck to them this weekend. Who do they in the 4A final?

ouch

B2OnV-gCEAEdCZH.png

More ouch:

"Liverpool strikers Mario Balotelli, 24, Fabio Borini, 23, and Rickie Lambert, 32, have gone 1,000 minutes without scoring. (Metro)

Back