• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

pemu9e8e.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

According to ifootball, which sources Daily Express, Toni Kroos will decide on if he will move to United this summer...so says his brother.

#scoop

Apparently, Suarez did have a 40 million buyout clause in his contract (admitted by John Henry). How does this NOT open Liverpool to legal action from Arsenal?

Contracts in world football don't mean a fucking thing.

Apparently, Suarez did have a 40 million buyout clause in his contract (admitted by John Henry). How does this NOT open Liverpool to legal action from Arsenal?

I think you answered your own question.

I think you answered your own question.

Oh, I know. I just wonder if a big club like Arsenal could make a big enough stink about it to create some form of oversight through the FA.

(As if the FA would do anything to promote official rules regarding the governance of football in England.)

likely had some vague clause like "good faith" which LFC or any other club can abuse in their own discretion.

LFC allegedly met Konoplynkos buyout clause this past transfer window, but the owner decided not to sell. same scenario.

LFC allegedly met Konoplynkos buyout clause this past transfer window, but the owner decided not to sell. same scenario.

Then why even have the clause, if it's going to be ignored? What's keeping a club from ignoring the wages they've agreed to with their players? What part of the contract are they obliged to be bound by?

Even if Arsenal meets the buyout clause, Suarez needs to agree to a contract with Arsenal. What if he said to John Henry that he didn't want to negotiate with them?

Back