• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I'd also like to point out that DeacMan has been virtually silent this year with just a few pop ups here and again in this thread.

Today? Basically live posted the full match.

Hated or Adored. But never ignored. Manchester UNITED. (I see you, DeacMan, I see you.)

Just remember dv7, only "certain" teams win trophies and it isn't about the money. I'm quite confident that's what you said when City started their rise years ago. :thumbsup:

Or does this prove, yet again, that it really is about the money?

And yes, Man U is hated. And at least this year they play really shitty looking soccer.

See you all in another 10-15 weeks when City clinches the title.

Just remember dv7, only "certain" teams win trophies and it isn't about the money. I'm quite confident that's what you said when City started their rise years ago. :thumbsup:

Or does this prove, yet again, that it really is about the money?

And yes, Man U is hated. And at least this year they play really shitty looking soccer.

See you all in another 10-15 weeks when City clinches the title.

Man City and Man United have won the exact same amount of trophies since 2011. Five. Both have two PL trophies since that mark of the oil women-abusers taking over.

In the previous 35 years...

Man City won 0 trophies.
Man United won 36 trophies.

Man United earned their money.
Man City won the lottery for theirs. And still can't out perform Man United on a year-to-year basis over the past half decade.

See you in a few months. You're clearly a true supporter of Manchester City Football Club.

Man City and Man United have won the exact same amount of trophies since 2011. Five. Both have two PL trophies since that mark of the oil women-abusers taking over.

In the previous 35 years...

Man City won 0 trophies.
Man United won 36 trophies.

Man United earned their money.
Man City won the lottery for theirs. And still can't out perform Man United on a year-to-year basis over the past half decade.

See you in a few months. You're clearly a true supporter of Manchester City Football Club.

Nice retreat. Before City won anything the mantra was "only certain teams win trophies". Fast forward seven years and you're reduced to talking about being City's mere equal, a fact using your own measuring stick that is about to evaporate.

Keeping talking about all that "earned" money, dv7. Man Utd. is levered to the fucking hilt. Their debts now sit at an astounding 537 million EURO, more than 200 million more in debt than any other club in Europe. That's up more than 25% in the last year alone. And as long as Brexit is on the table that number is just going to keep headed north as the GBP loses value. Perhaps when that primo "Chevy" sponsorship runs its course the club can line up "Rent-A-Center" for the front of the shirt. It would be both more appropriate and only a little less cheezy.

images

You aren't a Manchester City Football Club supporter. You pop in every now and again to talk shit.

You're a troll now.

Which is fine, but don't pretend you're a supporter.

And Man City are not Manchester United's equal.

Nobody on Earth believes that. Not even Noel Gallagher. Relax, Be Humble.

You aren't a Manchester City Football Club supporter. You pop in every now and again to talk shit.

You're a troll now.

Which is fine, but don't pretend you're a supporter.
Do you have to post on the ogboards EPL thread week in and week out to be considered a real fan of your club? Interesting. I mostly banter with SF Spurs fans and other real life friend groups...

Do you have to post on the ogboards EPL thread week in and week out to be considered a real fan of your club? Interesting. I mostly banter with SF Spurs fans and other real life friend groups...

No. Not at all.

But when you try to pop in and troll? Yeah, and I don't think that is asking much.

Thoughts?

The only thing missing is someone pointing out which fans are more racist. Can Vad chime in here?

The only thing missing is someone pointing out which fans are more racist. Can Vad chime in here?

Nah, there was something else missing.

Somebody assuming the role of taking care of everything else. Thanks for handling that....

DV7 is right. DeacMan was nowhere to be found last year during the Pep/Citeh feeling out stage.

Him showing up now to crow is pathetic.

Not really pathetic since it still clearly bothers the guy he is trying to bother. I’d change “pathetic” to “effective”

No. Not at all.

But when you try to pop in and troll? Yeah, and I don't think that is asking much.

Thoughts?

DV7 is right. DeacMan was nowhere to be found last year during the Pep/Citeh feeling out stage.

Him showing up now to crow is pathetic.

I do agree you should probably earn the right to talk shit to others on these here boards. But maybe I need to reread the thread, because I don't recall any real outright trolling.

I also think it makes sense that some posters only show up for bigger match-ups when playing against teams that have a vocal fanbase here. It's not as fun to talk to yourself during a 5 goal walloping vs. stoke as it is to engage in banter with Dv7 during a ManU match or to stoke Brasky's rage and despair over Everton.

I know I refresh and follow this thread a lot more when Spurs are playing Manchester United or Liverpool. The only difference is that I leave the Spurs posting to Vad (and#niceguy ippity)

Back