• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

The style of football is dire but it works.

Hopefully it gets better after Big Sam settles in, because I just bought a ticket to sit in the Gwladys during the April Merseyside Derby. It happens to fall at the end of my Spring Break, and I found a ticket from Raleigh to Dublin for $700.

Can Everton go ahead and sack him now that they’ve climbed to mid table?

I mean, I can afford $40 to watch a season full of second rate Wednesday afternoon games while I'm at work, but it's not worth it to me.

I guess they are trying to squeeze out as much money as they can, but frankly, it doesn't make sense. The big 6 drive the league, and they won't need to buy the pass because they are on pretty much every single week.
So, they putting the screws to the other 14 teams, hoping they will shell out 40 bucks to watch their teams matches.

I pretty much had to buy the NBC gold pass if I wanted to watch Burnley.

Maybe one day people will learn its hard to charge for something people haven't had to pay for in the past

I don't understand these gripes at all. What free, legal, HD on demand service did you have to watch every premier league match of the season? NBC does an unbelievable job with the production of the league. If you watch one match a game week it's a dollar a game. Crazy to me that people complain about this.

You have to pay a lot more to watch this level of coverage for MLB, NBA, NHL, most other sports leagues in the world. Why should this be any different?

I get your point but you’re on a board whose team you can watch play every game no matter how crappy on ESPN3 if it’s not available on another channel

I gave in and paid $40 a few weeks back since the Ev has had a run on Gold. I'm a big fan. I streamed the second half in perfect clarity yesterday after school let out.

I don't understand these gripes at all. What free, legal, HD on demand service did you have to watch every premier league match of the season? NBC does an unbelievable job with the production of the league. If you watch one match a game week it's a dollar a game. Crazy to me that people complain about this.

You have to pay a lot more to watch this level of coverage for MLB, NBA, NHL, most other sports leagues in the world. Why should this be any different?

It's because I already pay hundreds of dollars a month for cable and internet and it includes NBCSN.

It's because I already pay hundreds of dollars a month for cable and internet and it includes NBCSN.

And when NBC first started offering the PL, ALL of their games were either on TV or online. People got used to be able to see any match.

Now with this service, there are basically 3 tiers

1) Just have cable? - you can watch about 65% of all PL matches. You'll get mostly the big 6 clubs.

2) Don't have cable but want to watch? You can get the NBC Gold Pass. But that's only games that are not on TV, which is 35% and probably not any of the marquee matchups.

3) Want to watch any match? (just like how it used to be) - have cable AND pay the extra 50 bucks (knocked down to 40 because of 1 bad weekend glitch of streaming).

IF they would have started with this pricing scheme, I think they would have done OK, but once you went from "watch everything" to "mostly everything", it put people off.

Again, as a non top 6 supporter, I'm having to pay this extra money in order to watch Burnley matches.

Hundreds of dollars a month is already a sunk cost, it's not like you were only using that for soccer. This adds like four dollars a month to that.

Hundreds of dollars a month is already a sunk cost, it's not like you were only using that for soccer. This adds like four dollars a month to that.

it adds $4 a month to a bill that's already too high and that, as wsc pointed out, I have the option of shrinking. But, it also complicates things with yet another app login. I have cable because of the convenience of the bundle. Not so I can login to more apps.

Idk I just don't get it

I guess I understand that NBC briefly showed you something that looked like a free, all inclusive pass to every EPL match every week and then took it away and made you pay for it.

But in a vacuum, $40 for access to hundreds of games is incredible. It doesn't touch the price points of League Pass or Red Zone or MLB TV.

I would love to pay $50 and just get my NFL team instead of missing 80% of the games or paying $200+ to DirecTV.

Yeah it's $17/month for single team League Pass for me to watch all the Sixers games out of market.

Back