• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Idk I just don't get it

I guess I understand that NBC briefly showed you something that looked like a free, all inclusive pass to every EPL match every week and then took it away and made you pay for it.

But in a vacuum, $40 for access to hundreds of games is incredible. It doesn't touch the price points of League Pass or Red Zone or MLB TV.

But I'll probably only watch 3 or 4 games a year. I primarily watch Arsenal games on Sat and Sun when I wake up early enough. I'll also watch Arsenal at work when they're available online at NBCSN. I'm now watching Burnely v. West Ham on Tuesday afternoon at my desk.

Townie would be a good salesman.

“Just pay $40, who cares?”
“I care and here’s why...”
“Your complaints are dumb”

And y'all are today's perfect consumer:

What do you want?
Everything!
How much are you willing to pay for it?
Nothing!

I'm with Townie.

It is a more than reasonable price for the product. I didn't realize the $40 covered the entire season. That's very fair.

I'm with Townie.

It is a more than reasonable price for the product. I didn't realize the $40 covered the entire season. That's very fair.

Yes, it is fair. Of course, as a United supporter it's not like you ever have to worry about being relegated to NBCSN Gold.

Yes, it is fair. Of course, as a United supporter it's not like you ever have to worry about being relegated to NBCSN Gold.

BRO

One time this season United haven't been on TV. It was awful. I had to find a stream on Facebook for free which was tremendous quality. Somehow I persevered.

Point remains that 40 bucks for a full season is really not a premium price. That price should probably be cut to like 25 or so right now given the point of the season, but still.

This is like bitching that you can only read 10 articles of NYT or WaPo articles a month for free online. Want to read more? Pony up and pay for the service.

Point remains that 40 bucks for a full season is really not a premium price. That price should probably be cut to like 25 or so right now given the point of the season, but still.

This is like bitching that you can only read 10 articles of NYT or WaPo articles a month for free online. Want to read more? Pony up and pay for the service.

I don't disagree

Didn’t expect to say this but Jack Wilshere looks pretty good today.

This Man City side is absurdly good.

I hate it.

They’re terrific but they’re not great in the back. They have so much possession that they’re rarely tested in the back. Teams that are willing to go after them could exploit that back line.

Looks the Ev is the only squad that has Dick and Balls to stroll into the Etihad and get a point

City are likely the best team in the history of the Premier League era. It's amazing how they are just destroying the league. And the PL isn't down (see: Champions League) ... they are just 6 levels above.

I don't usually like teams wearing light blue but City are really something right now. They are dominating pretty good teams. We'll see how long they can keep it going.

Back